Thread: How to Update Toshiba Satellite C655-S5128 laptop's driver

How to Update Toshiba Satellite C655-S5128 laptop's driver

Recently I purchased Toshiba Satellite C655-S5128 laptop. Recently I was trying to play my Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 games but was unable to do so smoothly. I am assuming that this must be because my graphic (video) card might not be updated. So I wanted to know where I can find the updates for my Toshiba Satellite C655-S5128 laptop’s Graphic cards. Does any know anything about this issue? Please give me some suggestions and help me out to solve my problem.

re: How to Update Toshiba Satellite C655-S5128 laptop's driver

You can update your Graphic drivers by just selecting the option of auto updates and select the time when you want to install the updates. This will make sure that everything in your system is always kept updated. This will include all the drivers including the Graphic drivers, windows updates, and also updates of other software, application installed in your laptop. You can activate Windows auto update by navigating to the following path: Start > All Programs > Windows Update.

Toshiba Satellite C655-S5128 laptop has Intel Mobility HD Graphics Card installed in it. So you can upgrade the Graphic card by visiting the official website of Intel and search for Intel Mobility HD Graphics Card drivers there. Download the latest available drivers for the graphic card in your local disk. Before installing the drivers make sure that you have uninstalled the earlier version of installed graphic card drivers from your Toshiba laptop.

I would like to warn before you perform update of your graphic card by downloading the Intel Mobility HD Graphics Card driver from Intel’s website and installing it in your Toshiba laptop. Toshiba have this particular problem of working well only when the installed drivers are approved by Toshiba. The performance of the Toshiba laptop hampers when unapproved drivers are installed in the Toshiba laptop. Any unexpected problems might arise after you install the drivers downloaded from Intel’s website and not tweaked by Toshiba.

1. You should start your browser and visit the official website of Toshiba support.
    2. Click on the “Download link” and locate the “Laptops” tab which is on the left side of the Toshiba’s website.
    3. Now select the “family” and “model of your laptop” and click on Go button.
    4. Select the driver you require and click on the "Download Now" button.
    5. Once the driver’s file is downloaded, click on the "Wizard" prompt to install the driver.
    6. Reboot your laptop.

Re: How to Update Toshiba Satellite C655-S5128 laptop's driver

Hey guys, thanks for being there for people like me whenever we face some problem. It was very kind of you guys to show the patience to go through my thread and understand the matter of problem. And the best part, you are suggesting a solution exactly the same way I was expecting for. I must say all you people have come as a life saver. Once again thank you a lot. Please keep doing this good work of helping strangers with no personnel profit intentions.