Thread: Need Audio drivers for Windows XP running Toshiba Satellite U400-ST6301 laptop

Need Audio drivers for Windows XP running Toshiba Satellite U400-ST6301 laptop

I am using Toshiba Satellite U400-ST6301 laptop. It is running Windows XP Pro SP3Operating system and has Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 installed in my laptop. I am looking for the drivers, especially the Audio Drivers of Toshiba Satellite U400-ST6301 laptop. So does anyone know where I can find the following drivers for my Windows XP Service Pack 2 running laptop? If anyone have got any idea relating the following issue of mine, please post your suggestions. They will be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Need Audio drivers for Windows XP running Toshiba Satellite U400-ST6301 laptop

The best recommended place from where you can get the latest available drivers for your Toshiba Satellite U400-ST6301 laptop is INTERNET. Search for the drivers for your laptop on internet and visit the sites which offer free download of the drivers of your laptop. Download the files and once you are done downloading install the files. Usually the files are in .zip format so you need to unzip it before executing it. You can unzip the files with the help of winzip software. Reboot your laptop once you have completed the installation of your Sound drivers.

Re: Need Audio drivers for Windows XP running Toshiba Satellite U400-ST6301 laptop

Dude, I am unable to understand why you are looking for the drivers. You must be having the “Toshiba Utility and Drivers” CD with accessories that was provided to you when you had purchased your laptop. You must check for this CD and use it to install the Audio drivers in your laptop. The same CD can be used to install other drivers including the Graphic (display), Motherboard, BIOS etc. Actually Toshiba laptops have this problem of working properly only when drivers which they provide are installed in the Toshiba laptop. Don’t forget to reboot your laptop once you are done installing the required drivers in your laptop.

Thank you, for showing your deep concern toward my missing Audio driver issue. I searched for my laptops driver on internet but was unable to find any for Windows XP users. I even landed up visiting the official website of Toshiba USA, but was surprised by knowing that the drivers for Windows XP running Toshiba Satellite U400-ST6301 laptop is not present in the official website of Toshiba USA. I am unable to find the provided CD so can’t think of that. What should I do now? Please someone help me. Your suggestions and help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

After lots of searching I found that the official website of Toshiba Europe is having a complete set of Toshiba XP drivers and utilities for Toshiba Satellite U400-ST6301 laptop. I assume that this will be working perfectly fine with your laptop. Conexant Sound Driver v3.47.1.50 is what will be working for your laptop. It is for Windows XP SP3 OS. Just visit the official website of Toshiba Europe and click on the Support and Downloads and then go to the support Homepage to download this driver file. You can also download the all the Drivers set which will be including Sound drivers along with others.

Contact any Computer store in your nearby area and ask them for Toshiba Utility and Drivers CD. Or you can contact the store from where you bought your laptop and ask them to get you the Drivers CD, or ask them to get your laptop repaired as it is still within the warranty period. The repair will be free of cost and won’t charge you a single buck. Or else you can also contact the nearest Toshiba support store and purchase the drivers CD from them or take their help to solve the problem in your laptop.