Thread: Windows XP SP3 Audio drivers for Toshiba Satellite L40-139 laptop

Windows XP SP3 Audio drivers for Toshiba Satellite L40-139 laptop

Recently, I performed complete format on my 6 month old Toshiba Satellite L40-139 laptop and installed Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) in it. It was working fine until I started playing an Audio file in it. On playing a music file I realized that the sound of my laptop was somehow not working and I need to install the Sound (Audio) drive for my laptop. So can anyone help me in finding the Audio Driver for my Toshiba Satellite L40-139 laptop which is running Windows XP SP3. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: Windows XP SP3 Audio drivers for Toshiba Satellite L40-139 laptop

Try to remember whether you received any CD when you purchased your laptop or not. Mostly you might be having the Toshiba Utility and Drivers CD. It comes along with the laptop only. Just insert that utility CD and execute it if the drivers are not automatically installed in your laptop. Once you have installed the drivers, your laptop will prompt to restart your system. Make sure you restart your laptop once you have installed all the drivers. Restarting your laptop will bring the changes to come into effect.

Thank you, guys for showing concern toward my problem and making those efforts to solve my issue and free me from the problem. But unfortunately your efforts did not paid out completely. I did not find any Toshiba Utility and Drivers CD or anything like such along with my laptop’s accessories. But I got the idea behind you suggesting me to use the CD. Where else can I find the Drivers CD of my laptop? Please feel free to give me suggestions. Your suggestion will always be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

You can easily find the audio drivers for your laptop on Internet. Search for “Toshiba Utility and Drivers” or for Toshiba Satellite L40-139 audio drivers on Internet and download the files from the given links. The files will mostly be in Zip files. So after downloading the zip audio drivers file, you will need third party software called WinZip to unzip this encrypted zip files. Once you have unzipped the audio drivers folder, go to the executable file and run the setup to install the drivers in your laptop.

You can find the Toshiba Utility and Drivers CD for Toshiba Satellite L40-139 laptop in your nearby Laptop stores which sell Toshiba laptops. Or you can also contact with the nearest available Toshiba Support center and get the driver CD from them. You can also contact the retailer from whom you purchased your laptop and ask them to get you the Toshiba Utility and Drivers kit. Or you can send back you laptop for repair to the Toshiba store and get your problem fixed.

I would recommend you to visit the official website of Toshiba or Toshiba support. Click on Service and Support link and then go to the download driver tab. Here select the Product name, the product series, the Model name and number, the Operating system, and finally the driver you wish to install. You can download all the drivers or any one single driver as well. Download the Audio driver for your Toshiba laptop and then install it in your system. Once you have installed the driver, reboot your laptop.