Thread: Video controller driver for Toshiba Mini-notebook NB505-N500BL for windows 7 64bit

Video controller driver for Toshiba Mini-notebook NB505-N500BL for windows 7 64bit

I have been using Toshiba Mini-notebook NB505-N500BL laptop from last 4 months. Initially it was running Windows 7 32 bit version but then one of my friend removed the 32bit Windows 7 and installed the 64 bit Windows 7. After this installation of 64 bit Windows 7, my Video controller started malfunctioning. I have realized that this must be happening as I have not installed the drivers concerning the video controller. Does anyone know where I can find the video controller for my Toshiba Mini-notebook NB505-N500BL laptop? Please help me.

re: Video controller driver for Toshiba Mini-notebook NB505-N500BL for windows 7 64bit

The best possible solution for this problem according to me would be that you should contact the nearest Toshiba Support Center and ask them to provide you with the necessary video controller drivers for your 64 bit running Toshiba Mini-notebook NB505-N500BL. If you are unable to find any Toshiba store nearby then you can also contact any other computer stores or the retailer you sold you your laptop. Ask for drivers CD from them. The Drivers CD might cost you some money.

re: Video controller driver for Toshiba Mini-notebook NB505-N500BL for windows 7 64bit

You can download any drivers for your Toshiba laptop from the official website of Toshiba. Search for Toshiba on internet and click on its website link to open it. Click on the Service and Support link on top of the screen and then go to the Download Drivers link on the left side of the screen. Fill the necessary details about the Toshiba laptop for which you wish to download the drivers. Also remember to mention which Operating system you are looking for or else you may end up getting drivers for some other OS. Click on Go button and list of drivers will be displayed. Download the latest available one for your Toshiba mini-notebook and install the necessary drivers in your system.

I am sorry to say this to you but unfortunately Toshiba has yet not provided a 64 bit Video controller driver or full set of any other hardware drivers for 64 bit windows 7. So there is no ways of you getting any display driver for your Toshiba laptop which is running Windows 64 bit as Toshiba itself has not launched this thing. At this stage the only advice which I can give you is to return back to the older 32bit version of Windows 7. At least then all the necessary drivers for your laptop will be installed and you will be receiving a better and efficient performance from your laptop.

Ok, so now I have to roll back to my older version of 32 bit of Windows 7 from the current one of 64 bit. I was so much excited when I was using the new Windows 7 64 bit in my laptop but this driver issue completely spoiled all the excitement out of me. Can anyone tell me and guide me how I can uninstall the Windows 7 64bit and reinstall the 32bit Windows? Please help me with your precious solutions. Your suggestions would be appreciated always by me. Thanks in advance for any future assistance.

Re: Video controller driver for Toshiba Mini-notebook NB505-N500BL for windows 7 64bit

You should probably get Toshiba Recovery Media to rebuild your system. Or you can use 32 bit Windows 7 installation disk to format your hard drive completely. This is what we call a clean installation of Windows or the custom install. Once you have finished the reinstallation of Windows 7 32 bit operating system, you can use the Toshiba Software Installer for Widows 7 to install all the utilities of Toshiba in your laptop. This would delete all the previous installed files and add up a new fresh one.