Thread: "We're sorry, but Microsoft Outlook Preview has run into an error"

"We're sorry, but Microsoft Outlook Preview has run into an error"

I had downloaded “Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus RTM “ 60 days trial version and it was working fin until today. Since morning whenever I am trying to run it, I am getting an error message saying "We're sorry, but Microsoft Outlook Preview has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Microsoft Outlook Preveiw will need to be closed as result." I did not had any issue in installing it, don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly. Is there anything I can try to fix this error???

Re: "We're sorry, but Microsoft Outlook Preview has run into an error"

Since this error has started coming up suddenly, I will suggest you to try repairing Microsoft Office 2013. You can go in to control panel > Add remove program > Click on “Microsoft Outlook 2013 “In the list, select uninstall and select repair. In case that doesn’t help then you can try out online repair as well. If there might be some minor issue with Outlook 2013 in your case, then simply repairing it should help, if not then you will have to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office 2013. So first try out the repairing task and post back the result you get, best of luck.

I had tried repairing Microsoft Outlook 2013 previously and after your suggestion I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it as well but no luck. I still get the same error. Let me know if there is anything else that I have to check out????

Which version of windows you are running???? If you are running windows 7 then cross check if you are running Outlook 2013 in compatibility mode. I was getting the same error once when Outlook 2013 was set to run in compatibility mode by mistakenly.
    Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office 15 if you are running windows 7 32bit
    Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office 15 if you are running windows 7 64 bit
    Right click on Outlook.exe, select properties and select Compatibility
    Now click on compatibility tab, uncheck ‘Run this program in compatibility mode”, Click on Apply, click on Ok and restart Outlook 2013.

‘Run this program in compatibility mode”, was already unchecked. I was not running Outlook 2013 in compatibility mode. I am running windows 7 and I have tried uninstalling Microsoft Office 2013 from control panel quite a few times but no avail. This error comes up for Outlook 2013 only, other office programs are working fine without any errors. Is there any other solution that I can try out further???

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office 2013 manually. You can refer to below knowledge base article for the same:
    Uninstall Microsoft Office 2013 or Office 365
    You can first try following the steps mentioned in “Manual steps to remove Microsoft Office 2013 or Office 365 Click-to-Run installations” section. In case that doesn’t make any difference in your case then you can try following the steps mentioned in “Manual steps to remove Microsoft Office 2013 MSI installations” section.