Thread: Need driver for HP DVD 1270i

Need driver for HP DVD 1270i

Hello people. Greetings to all. I hope you all are doing well. Stuck up somewhere and will be needing some help. Well, recently I purchased a DVD Writer however it did not come along with a drivers disc. I did search the specific website but could was unable to find a driver for this model. Guys please suggest or comment on the above thread and let me know what can be done. Thanks in advance for helping.

Re: Need driver for HP DVD 1270i

Hey I feel really sorry for you reading the above post and would like to tell you that Hp is not the right choice to go for. According to me, they do not care at all for their customers, that is what I feel. Also, the customer care service is not up to the mark. Hence my opinion will be that you should go worth a different brand . I am telling this from my personal experience. I had tried to call them so many times for my issues related to Hp but I would always get the run around.

Hey I do not agree to the above post. Also, I would like to tell that dvd drives do not need drivers. I would like to ask you that how can you install a driver on a disc if you are installing a disc drive? Hence, dvd drives make use of drivers from Windows to install. If in any case your drive wasn’t detected, you most likely just require to enable the sata channel in the Basic Input Output System of the computer. Else, had there been an error in the device manager then it would have be noticed

Hey even I think that you shouldn’t have criticized the company without knowing about it completely. Anyways, I , myself have the same drive and haven’t had any issues till now. Just confirm that drives make use of operating system drivers. Hence, I would advocate you that you should go through the manufacturers requirements in order to see that there is a clear check on the system bios and check that sata ports have been enabled. Just keep in mind that some ports would not run sata drive as a master.

Hey I would like to bring to your notice that the drive will generally be somewhat familiar to the Microsoft Operating system including XP, Vista and W7. Also, it will function as a typical cd or dvd read only memory drive and there are no writes. The drive comes along with a disk saying nero essentials and that software Nero & Lightscribe will permit you to do all the supplementary functions. Thus, you will have to install Nero primarily and in the process it will be asked to install LightScribe. I feel everything should work fine finally.

Hey just be aware there is no complete featured Microsoft drive for hardware that you have mentioned above and the defaulting drive will at the most write to the cd although will drop the ball a lot of occasion with drive stops which have to be bypassed by ejecting the disk, getting a complain message and then re-inserting will keep on going. May be that Hp did not want to spend much and hence they selected nero. However, avoiding the problems, on a whole the drive is fairly nice.