Thread: I want to developed a free and open source hardware monitoring application

I want to developed a free and open source hardware monitoring application

I am mounting a free and open source hardware monitoring application that is able to read temperatures, voltages, fan speeds, clock speeds and loads of CPU, GPU, boards and hard drives. Of course, there are a number of extremely good tools to monitor hardware obtainable, other than none is open source (at least in the Windows world). And if you require the help of a little more exotic hardware or features (like me) who has access to the code is immense.

Re: I want to developed a free and open source hardware monitoring application

Scrambled to get everything right for every possible hardware configuration is not so easy, especially if you have a countless collection of hardware toward test. Consequently it would be great if a few interested users could test the Open Hardware Monitor (as the tool is called) and give their opinion on any misreading or problems. Of course, you can send any application functionality. The current version can be found at http://openhardwaremonitor.org/.

It appears a bit similar to the Everest and other comparable tools, but no connection. I posted several new betas, adding support in favor of core clock speed and bus for Intel Core and Core 2 processors i3/i5/i7. Along with this, it is now possible to display sensor values in the system tray (and many corrections of detail). I just tried the latest version and its huge work for the system within my signature. Measure up to it to both HWMonitor Pro and Everest, and the whole thing matches up properly.

Hello it’s really a nice tool. And I am happy with its performance. Measure up to with CPUID HWMonitor is contained by 0.5 to 1, which reports that only thin g is to support programs that demonstrate individual cores temp? It is not a combo. One proposition, add a column minimum value (as in CPUID HWMonitor), it seems useful to me. In addition in my setup, I only obtain a list of voltage Battery used for my onboard bat and not show fan speed.

AMD Phenom II CPUs have one temperature sensor per processor core, which is used for all nuclei together. Of course that could only display the sensor reading that several times as a number of other programs perform. however this would only create the illusion of very accurate readings and core temperatures all have exactly the same value, when in fact it is just a value copy (or read the same sensor multiple times). Along with this, just use more screen space without giving further details.

It is very good tool. Well in my setup Works: Core i5 750 Asus Maximus Formula III. Also compared with CPUID Hardware Monitor and Core Temp and values appear to be within 0.5 - 1 degree difference. I like this and continue to use and test. I hope I can continue to expand and continue to develop gadgets for Windows that can show some of these items. I like to control some elements of the system and have been looking for something that can display temps like this in good gadget along some of my other items.

The major dissimilarity with CPUID Hardware Monitor is that Open Hardware Monitor is free and open source, at the same time as the CPUID Hardware Monitor freeware approach just as binaries. If you do not like some detail with the Open Hardware Monitor, you can download the source code and change that detail. If I stop to continue the development, anyone can proceed on the basis of the source under MPL. With closed source software, it is likely that at some point stops developing a way to add support for new hardware, bug fixes, etc.