Thread: How to turn off snap-to grid for gadgets

How to turn off snap-to grid for gadgets

Hello guys. How are you’ll. I hope everything’s fine. Well stuck up somewhere. Help would be really great from you side. Basically, the thing is that I am running windows 7 ultimate and I want to turn off the snap to grip behavior for the gadgets. I do not know how that can be done? Please suggest so that I can arrange in such a way that it wastes less desktop real estate. I really appreciate your replies on a very high note and thank you all for answering the post.

Re: How to turn off snap-to grid for gadgets

Hey mate. I am fine and I hope same is at your end. Well there is a very simple solution to the question that you have asked. Well, you are just required to hold the shift key down and simultaneously drag the gadget. This should really help.However, my piece of advice will be that you should go for bigger brands like google and yahoo which have the facility of real gadgets and they indeed make gadget platforms.

Hey buddy, I can help you out in resolving your issue as I have heard about it, something similar, from one of my friend . Well, my advise will be that you just right click on any of the unoccupied space on the desktop and then enter on view. Following it, you will have to untick snap to grid option that you see as ticked . This was fairly easy and wont even consume much time . I do not think there will be any hindrance when you perform the process.

Hey if you perform the above process that has been mentioned than snap to grid for desktop icons will be turned off and not the gadgets. I doubt you are looking to turn off the desktop icons. As per my knowledge, it has been built up inside the gadgets executable i.e., sidebar.exe and thus it is not possible at all to disable it. Hence, Microsoft has taken a straight attribute and restricted its effectiveness due to lack of preparation.

Hey I know about gadget snap as I had read an article about it . In fact I have also have seen a video related to it. Hence, I will share my knowledge with you. It seems that it was going to calm down the people who still wanted a sidebar-like occurrence even though the bar was indifferent. Even though floating- only gadgets stink and they are not observable. There is a facility to put them on top, however the vision is obstructed.