Thread: Cannot install Creative Live Cam (Code 39)

Cannot install Creative Live Cam (Code 39)

I have purchased a Creative Live!Cam Video IM Webcam and have installed-uninstalled-reinstalled the drivers multiple times using both the CD and the update on website. I am running on Windows XP and whenever I connect the camera it has a little message that pops up saying New Hardware Detected: USB Camera and then proceeds with the driver install. I thought that the problem will extract and install the files or whatever and I get a message at the end of it while attempting to install:

There was a trouble installing the hardware: Creative Live!Cam Video IM Webcam Windows cannot load device driver for this hardware. The driver might be corrupted or else missing. (code 39)

I would appreciate any help whatsoever you can give me. Thank you.

Re: Cannot install Creative Live Cam (Code 39)

I am not sure if you using a USB hub, if so disconnect your webcam first. You will have to uninstall the driver once again. After that, connect your webcam directly to your system's USB port. During this stage, the add hardware wizard will appear, click next and point it to your CD ROM drive to permit the system to install the drivers automatically. I hope this will help you. Pease reply back with the outcome.

I establish a solution that functioned for me and I expect it works for anybody else experiencing the similar matter. I had to manually remove the UpperFilters as well as LowerFilters registry values.
    1. To manually remove the UpperFilters as well as LowerFilters registry values, pursue these steps:
    2. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe). START > RUN > (Type) REGEDIT (hit ENTER)
    3. Locate the UpperFilters and LowerFilters value under the following key in the registry
    4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}
    5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

After that I went to my Device Manager in Windows XP > IMAGING DEVICES > CREATIVE WEBCAM LIVE! ULTRA then right mouse clicked and chose DISABLE. I Then Right mouse clicked again and chose ENABLE. Then My webcam led cam on and it started working again.

Another way to ensure the problem is that after you install Creative Webcam and encounter the error code 39 then:
    1. Go to control panel
    2. Go to System -> Device Manager
    3. Click on Imaging devices
    4. Right the Creative webcam that is not working (got the yellow mark), choose Properties
    5. Go to Driver Tab
    6. Click on Driver Details

This will list all the driver files that you see here and if any file come with a warning mark then right click and reinstall that.

If you see LVUSBSta.sys inside your Driver Details in your Creative WebCam driver, it's the culprit that makes your Creative WebCam does not work. If that's the case I could assure you that none other webcam brands will work except Logitech. And you are blaming Creative for the mistake that's likely come from Logitech. To clean up this driver, please follow the above steps to delete it from the registry. After you remove the value from registry you'll need to disconnect and then reconnect your camera for the change to take effect.

If you are using Windows ME or XP you should be able to use the system restore function in accessories-system tools to restore your*PC to a Date or condition before*you deleted the registry key. I would actually go back a little further than you think, maybe 2-3 days before. If you are successful in retrieving the lost reg*key you need to just*click on the registry key, then in the RIGHT PANE click on the upper filter and delete whatever comes up in the white box. Do the same for the Lower filter but do not delete anything else. Just exit and reboot.

If you cannot do a Restore you may have to do a complete OS install to correct the problem.*First try a REPAIR. Boot using*your original Windows CD &*let windows go through the motions of install up to a point where it says that* "An install of*Win XP has been detected on your system do you wish to repair" select*YES and follow install instructions. This SHOULD*keep your Documents etc*intact... but renew your system files only. You will have to*reinstall all win updates + SP2 if not on the*XP CD*and some system drivers so make sure you have them before you start. If you know anyone who knows how to write registry key settings you could ask then to attempt to copy the key you deleted from a working system however this may not always work as all registry entries are unique.