Thread: Microphone booster for Windows vista

Microphone booster for Windows vista

I am having Sound Blaster Live with 24bit and Windows Vista. I have looking for Microphone boost lying on Vista, but I failed to discover something similar. Exist any SW that includes Microphone boost? Any plugin intended for my Sound Card´s SW or somewhat related to it. In Windows Vista Driver accessibility Chart you don’t wrote that last Driver lying on SoundBlaster Live. 24bit will be release on 31 January. Can I know when you will be release any better driver? Can I know when they will be release the SW included Surround mixer, Speaker settings, Diagnostic, Graphic equalizer. These SW I get with my Card when I purchased it but I don’t find anything similar which work correctly on vista. Can you help me please?

Re: Microphone booster for Windows vista

You can go to the Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound -> Recording -> Microphone -> Properties -> Custom -> Microphone +20dB Boost. This can also be found on the in the recording tab. See if you can get that option over there or not. So try this out and let us know if that helps you or not. Please reply back if that doesn’t help you so that we can provide you some alternate solution.

This is not only you who is getting this issue because I have seen many of the other users who are with the same issues. I would also like to see this microphone boost option without using the KxDrivers, I would like to use the default SB Audigy drivers, and they work better. My other sound card has this option; sure it can't be so hard for Creative to activate it. You should also ensure that you are having the latest driver installed in your computer.

I would like to request Creative to please enable the microphone boost for audigy SE. It is impossible to use the voice detection in vista without the microphone booster. It's such a big issue, I bought an audigy se today because my old 5.1 live digital will never see any official support for vista. I am going to try the kx drivers and see what it can do for me. I hope that this problem will be resolved soon.

I searched on google for this and found one solution for this. I would like to tell you that every motherboard is having the onboard soundcard. All you have to do is just enable it and make use of the mic input lying on the motherboard. This way you can use your Creative speaker output and onboard mic input by means of microphone boost. I hope that this is going to help you. Please reply with the results.