Thread: Windows7 and Quicken 2001 compatibility

Windows7 and Quicken 2001 compatibility

Hello, I had recently installed the windows 7 operating system on mine previous system. Before installing this operating system I had worked on windows XP operating system. See, in that win XP the Quicken 2001 works really well and there is no compatibility error occurred in that OS. Now after installing the windows 7 OS I don’t know whether it compatible with the Quicken 2001 software. Please tell me the Windows7 and Quicken 2001 compatibility. Any help will be appreciates.

Re: Windows7 and Quicken 2001 compatibility

I also faced the similar kind of issue and I want complete information about this software compatibility in windows 7 operating system. then I had go to the Microsoft windows 7 web site forum and I had check the software compatibility column then I see that the Quicken 2001 software is not presents into that list but the Quicken 2009 is presents into that list. Hence I had read the configurations of the Quicken 2009 and it will nice. Hence I had install this Quicken 2009 onto the win 7 OS.

Hey, last week I also want to installed the Quicken 2001 onto the win 7 OS. Before that I used this software on the win XP and it works very well. So, in the time I tried to install the Quicken 2001 on the win 7 but it can’t work. Mine friend suggest that the Quicken 2008 is especially available in market which is worked on the windows 7 OS. Hence I had installed it and now I satisfied its performance. Hence as per mine suggestions you also install the Quicken 2008 on this windows 7 OS.

Hey, I think you had not tried to install this Quicken 2001 on the windows 7. Hence as per mine suggestions you should try this software installation procedure onto the win 7 OS. Remember one think that you should firstly check its compatibility in the windows 7 web site. It helps you to understand the basic issue and then you can able to try the Quicken 2001 installation on win 7. See, sometimes we don’t know that the solutions is worked or not but we need to try this solutions. It might be possible that this solution is worked.

Hey, I think you need to read the configurations of the Quicken 2001 software. This is the mostly famous software for the finance management tools. The configuration of this software is presents in the user guide manual. The manual of this software helps you to understand the minimum software requirement and it also describes the kinds of operating system supports this software. Hence read this manual and then check the Windows7 and Quicken 2001 compatibility.

vruttimehta Guest

If you are using 32 bit, maybe it will work, I have not honestly tried that, but definitely not on Win7 64-bit. I have Q2001 and tried installing on W7 64bit and it complained about the fact I was not using a 32-bit OS. Probably because Q2001 uses a very old (pre-64bit) installer.

On XP Mode - BEWARE. I ran into a lot of issues with it back in RC (pre-RTM) days. It uses Remote Desktop to connect to the virtual machine, and this approach introduces a lot of indiosyncracies compared with using the earlier Microsoft Virtual Machine technologies such as Virutal PC 2007. One example is resizing the window causes the session to disconnect and you have to relog back into the VM. This caused frequent QDF and other file corruption issues.

XP Mode was such a hastle that I took it off and installed VPC2007. I already had created a WinXP VM from a few years ago I could use, so I was all set. This method works fabulously. VPC2007 is a very solid product, and 64bit version runs beautifully on 64-bit windows (32 bit is also available).

If you don't have a spare license for XP, you may have no choice but to use XP Mode (assuming your Win7PC is Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate as those are the only versions that come with XP Mode). I know it was RC version when I used it, but my understanding is not much has changed with XP Mode since RTM. So Beware.

Hello, I found the exact solutions of this trouble. Last week, I faced the same kind of issue. In that time I had installed the windows 7 Ultimate OS and I read the configurations of this Quicken 2001 software but I didn’t find its compatibility concepts related to the windows 7 OS. Then I try the different solutions. Firstly I had run the windows XP mode and then try to install the Quicken 2001 software and surprisingly it works. Now it works really well.