Thread: Access denied on archive.pst file on Outlook 2007 after installing Windows 7.

Access denied on archive.pst file on Outlook 2007 after installing Windows 7.

I have recently upgrade mine system to windows XP to windows 7 and I have no issue on the installation. Everything on the system work fine except Outlook 2007. I installed Office 2007 Professional and activated the product. When I shifted the Archive.pst to the fresh location, I attempt to unlock the records file with Outlook 2007 and received the next message: “File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\...\Outlook\archive.pst.” now I don’t know how to solve this can anyone suggest on this topic and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Access denied on archive.pst file on Outlook 2007 after installing Windows 7.

Make sure that you have cleaned your installation of operating system. While upgrading or installing any software you need to make sure that you perform the clean boot or clean installation. If you’re not performing the clean installation you encountered by these issues. So I would like to suggest you to perform the clean installation from official software and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you to solve your issue.

Re: Access denied on archive.pst file on Outlook 2007 after installing Windows 7.

For some days I am able to utilize in emails with no links. I acquire the common message: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer Please contact your system administrator." My Operating System is Windows 7 64 bit. Nothing has changed in the system. Just an update was installed automatically. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem? Since, I thought this thread was similar to post here instead of new thread. Also after searching this forum, I have not found a solution. So this time I hope that I would get some of the best solutions.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go through the below steps: go to the start icon on the desktop and after that make hit on the computers. Now on the windows explorer go to the following location: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ Office12 \ scanpst.exe. again go to the following location: C: \ Documents and Settings \ Test \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Outlook \ archiv.pst. And after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

I would like to suggest you to repair your outlook and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below: first make hit on the start and after that go to the control panel. Now on the control panel select the program and after that make hit on the programs and features. Now under the programs and features select your product and make double click on that and then choose the repair. Now once you finish the repair restart your system and after that go through your issue.

This is not an Outlook problem, and it's probably not just Outlook, eh? If you also have a problem opening a browser from, say, a Word text file with a hyperlink in it, than it's all going to be easy! This vague error is almost always a permissions problem with dueling browsers. I'd guess that you have recently stopped using Chrome. That's a wild guess, BTW, because Chrome don't seem to play well with others, especially when dealing with defaults.

Here's one easy fix. Save your bookmarks and delete or disable (or otherwise fatally clobber) any browser that isn't IE. That part may not be necessary but do it if this doesn't work the first time through.

Then using INTERNET OPTIONS from within IE, set IE as the default browser. Close the browser. Run any registry cleaner you can find. Reboot, warm or cold.

Open Outlook and try it. If it now works, and if you don't want to use IE, shut IE down and fire up your alternate browser and set it as the one and only default. When you're done, always always always leave one browser set as the default.

If it doesn't work, then I got nothin'.
    Last edited by waldobaby; 24-04-2011 at 02:42 PM.