Thread: iTunes 10 unable to detect iPhone 4

iTunes 10 unable to detect iPhone 4

Recently I have bought the new Iphone 4 from Verizon. For that purpose I have also installed the itunes version 10 in my Windows 7 computer. Then I tried to connect my iphone 4 using itunes 10. The problem is it won’t detect at all. The device list shows nothing. The system shows the iphone 4 as a digital camera device. Other than this there is no response from the iTunes 10. What can I do for this issue?

Re: iTunes 10 unable to detect iPhone 4

I having this trouble where iTunes 10 will not yet notice the connected iPhone 4, except additional applications similar to iPhoto as well as Aperture can. What's strange is iTunes on a totally dissimilar Mac system will notice the iphone4 in iTunes. I have previously tried all the methods described to eliminate and reinstall iTunes in addition it did not work, iTunes at rest does not notice it. It seems to me that the problem with Windows 7 or something with windows version. I should research more.

It seems to me that the problem is with the USB cable which you have used with the iphone 4 in order to connect to the system. First of all check the USB cable with other systems or Mac. If it is perfect then see whether there is something more you need to install in the Windows 7. Sometime you might need to install some USB related drivers. Please check that whether there is something missing in Device manager. If there is anything missing then you needs to correct it.

What will you get when you connect the iphone 4 to the Windows 7 computer in which you have installed the iTunes 10? If you get any error message then it would be helpful to understand the problem. If you are not getting anything then I can assume that there is some components related failure or malfunction either in your iphone or USB cable or maybe in the system itself. Check that the USB port is working properly. You can also use the different USB port if necessary.

It could be problem with the iTunes. The device list is not refreshing properly. The iphone 4 is connecting properly in your computer because the system showing you the phone as digital camera. So there is no problem with your phone, USB cable and the USB port. The problem is only with Itunes. I don’t know whether it is a bug or something. The iTunes 10 just fails to recognize it without any reason. You should try to install it in some other partition or local disk other than the default one. Also contact the apple support team to know about the issue.

It seems to be like a bug or may be installation issue of Itunes for Windows. Some of the files might get misplaced while you try to install the iTunes. So it would be better to re-install it again. If this didn’t helped you then launch the Itunes update utility. It may fix the issue if possible. Furthermore run the Windows update utility to make sure that there is nothing problem with the operating system. Also check that the Antivirus or other kind of security programs blocking the process. You might need to disable sometime or while connecting.