Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is Microsoft DRM in Firefox 3

Windows Software

Old 20-04-2011

What is Microsoft DRM in Firefox 3

Just was curious to know what does the plug-in "Microsoft DRM? in Firefox 3 does. What will happen if it kept there? And what will happen if i disabled it? Should i remove it is what does the plug-in do or where are the plug-in options. This matter has been asked by me before this also so it?s just that i would like to know what are the updates related to this I recently removed the thread from the other forum but the member seemed affected by my actions so..........
Thank you........

Old 20-04-2011

Re: What is Microsoft DRM in Firefox 3

The DRM plug-in from Microsoft is a component integrated in all Windows versions up to Windows XP Home/Pro, in the WMP directory. I do not exactly know what it .i have never ever notices a webpage using this plug-in before. Just because it is a Windows library .DLL file, windows will restore it automatically even if you try and delete the file. I have absolutely no idea of how get rid of it permanently.
Old 20-04-2011

Most of the windows created files of your integrated file system come under protection in this way. just Try and delete notepad.exe or iexplore.exe. Do the same with regedit.exe or even wmplayer.exe. They will be immediately replaced as well. it feels like as if whole OS were nothing but a bundle of spyware and rootkits.if you want to know more about this just search for windows file system. But i have heard of a software know as Tune bite may be it might do the work for you.
Old 20-04-2011

The software Tune bite does not cut it.Tune bite is not able to solve this type of issues. Originally the poster who created this thread was never trying to remove Microsoft DRM from the wmp files. He was trying to get rid of unnecessary, rootkit-type utilities integrated into Windows. all you have to do is it?s important to execute that batch file from Safe Mode though; it will not work if Windows is running normal operating mode.
Old 20-04-2011

DRM with WMP 9 or 10 not Firefox. Be cautioned Removing can mat be somehow make the WMP unstable. If you want to remove it : Type config in the run located on the menu which opens when you click on the windows start button and a folder will open up there you will find a file as plugin.expose_full_path . Open it and set it to true. Then you must restart the Firefox browser plug-in go to and find the location of the plug-in from there. After that delete the file when Firefox is still closed. You can even try and delete the file references in the windows registry..

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,