Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to configure vlc on the xbmc

Windows Software

Old 20-04-2011

How to configure vlc on the xbmc

I am building up a new media center system. On which I am going to add XMBC. I had used XMBC before. It is simple and has quiet fast interface. It also has nice features. It has a built in player but I want to use VLC on that. I have some file formats which I think will not work in the default XMBC player. Is there anyone who can help me to get a player that really works. I want to XMBC only, no other media player.

Old 20-04-2011

The core video player for XMBC is good enough to run all kind of file format. It has a video tool called as DVD player. This on is quiet nice and designed for running different video files. You can run various dvd movies in the same. I am going to give you the list of video format this media server supports. They are MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4 SP and ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), HuffYUV, Indeo, MJPEG, RealVideo, RMVB, Sorenson, WMV and Cinepak. This information is available on the official site. I do not think you need third party video player here.
Old 20-04-2011

Re: How to configure vlc on the xbmc

You can easily add VLC in XMBC. I am using this media server. DVD Player video tool in this does not really work fine. It is limited to certain formats only while compare to that VLC is really fast and works well. You can try to find this in addons or apps. You just have to locate vlc and you can install it. There are few set of different add-on also available that you can test on XMBC.
Old 20-04-2011

Re: How to configure vlc on the xbmc

You can install but there is a different procedure for the same. So I am going to give you a link below that has a complete guide for installing third party video player. Just click on the link below and follow the steps in it. You have to modify a xml file for adding the external player. I am not sure from where you can find the vlc addon.

Adding External players in XMBC

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,