Thread: How to find the auto summarize feature in Word 2010?

How to find the auto summarize feature in Word 2010?

Hello guys I am using windows 7 in my computer from last 3 months before that I was having windows XP and Microsoft office 2007 in my computer In MS word I regularly use the auto summarize function but before 2 weeks I have upgraded Microsoft office to 2010 and after that when I open word there I didn’t find the auto summarize option in that because I am not able to work properly please tell me where is the auto summarize option in MS word 2010 is it moved to somewhere else or this feature is removed from the word 2010. If anyone knows about this then please help me with proper solution. Thank you.

Re: How to find the auto summarize feature in Word 2010?

As you said that you need auto summarize features for you regular work. It means this feature is very important for you for that I have done some research and I got one solution, So You can follow the instruction by visiting the Microsoft official site there select the education section, In that section try to search for auto summarize feature for MS word 2010 you by doing that you will find the one post which is the instruction to fix your problem. I hope it will be helpful to you. If this can make any difference then let me know.

Thank you for the solution provided by you. I have visited the Microsoft’s site done all the required steps as you have told me in the above post but whenever I click on search after typing auto summarize feature for MS word 2010 it dint give me any results I just got one message saying that search does not match. I request you that If you can provide proper link or the proper instruction to solve the issue then I will really appreciate yore help. Thank you for your help again.

Ok if you are not able to find the solution then here is the procedure to solve your issue. First you will need to go on more commands there you will find the dialog box. In that box go to choose command from and then click on all commands. After that you will get one list, from that list select the auto summery and then click on add and than hit the ok button. Now this feature will be add to your quick access toolbar. Now you will be able to use this feature and continue your work. I hope it will be helpful to you.

Hey I am really appreciate your help as you are doing this much for me I have followed whole procedure that you suggested in your post but it didn’t work for I am not able to get the Auto summarize feature in word 2010 but when I tried the same procedure in my laptop which is having BETA version of auto summarize feature there this procedure is working perfectly after doing this all thing not I think this feature is removed from MS word 2010 and now I am thinking to switch back on 2007 only but thank you so much for your help.

I am also facing the same problem with Microsoft office 2010 because I am a education teacher and I need to use this option frequently. In Microsoft office 2007 I was able to use this feature without having any problem but in MS word 2010 I am not able to use the same feature. I don’t know why this feature is removed from MS word 2010. If any one knows the any solution for that then please give me the solution. Because I am really having trouble in my work while working with out auto summarize feature.