Thread: Can we use same license key for Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit and 64-bit.

Can we use same license key for Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit and 64-bit.

Hello everyone, i have one question for Windows user, those who know the each and every thing about the Windows please give me reply. I am using Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit. As I have received NFR copy of Windows 7 ultimate at the Microsoft launch. So my question is the license which I have received is of 32-bit, so can I use this serial key for 64-bit, I mean the same license key for 64-bit is valid or not. I want to upgrade to Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. So please reply to this post. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can we use same license key for Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit and 64-bit.

Hello friend, I have gone through to your post, well I am glad to inform you that, yes you can use serial key for both version. The key which you have is valid for both 32-bit and 64-bit, now it’s up to you that which system you want to use. And also keep in mind that if you are installing 32-bit on your computer and 64-bit to other computer, if you do that so, you won’t be able to use that, it will not work for you. There is only 1 key and 1 license. You can even use 32-bit and 64-bit on different partition also. At a time you can only use only one. So best of luck!!

Hello everyone, yes the above post is perfectly true, you can’t even think of to do this kind of thing. At a time you can use only one OS, if you want to use 32-bit and 64-bit on single system then you will have to buy a new license for it. and I have also read on the news column that if you want to use both system on the same computer, and also if you are buying different keys for that you are not going to get any discount for that. I mean to say that no discount on a second license if you have already one licese. So be aware of it and enjoy the technology.

Hey thanks everyone, I was needed this kind of same answer on this forum. Everyone’s problem gets solved over here only. As I have got the proper information I am going to buy the license for Windows Vista. After that I will use Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit as well as 64-bit and Windows Vista ultimate 32-bit as well as 64-bit on the same computer. I will shift 32-bit to 64-bit as per my requirement because 64-bit system have good support to my hardware. Thanks again to all my friends for such a good solution.

Hello everyone, I have seen in the above post and I have also seen that many problem solve over here, so my problem is I am using Windows 7 home pack 64-bit with dual DVD box. Previously I was using 32-bit with same windows. Suddenly my windows got crashed and I will have to reinstall now, this time I want 32-again, I have tried to install it but it is not activating, does it mean that we cannot even reinstall the same windows with same license key. I think I will have to use another license key for that now. If some can reply please, what should I do now?