Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Embed VLC player into Blog

Windows Software

Old 19-04-2011

Embed VLC player into Blog

Hi friends, I always use VLC media player for playing audio as well as video files. I prefer this software because it is capable to support all video formats where other media player fail to do so. I am having one question in my mind. I want VLC media player to embed into the newly created blog. Is it possible to do so. If it is possible then how it can be done. Presently I am having VLC media player in my system, does it require to be downloaded again. If any body is having an idea about this then please let me know

Old 19-04-2011

Re: Embed VLC player into Blog

You want to embed VLC media player in the blog. It is possible to do so, if you are having such rights. But to view any video from the blog, the reader must have VLC media player installed in his system with the web plugin. Without VLC media player and proper plugin, one may not be able to view the videos on the blog. VLC is written in C language and some parts of it are written in C++. You can write a new interface module in C, but it is quite risky.
Old 19-04-2011

It is very much possible to embed VLC player into your blog, but you have to write additional codes into your blog application. Mostly, VLC media player is written in C program and some parts are written in C++. But beware before writing the codes. It may happen that it won?t work, so the better option is to use libvlc to write the complete new application around it. Keep in mind that the blog (GUI) should be released under GPL.
Old 19-04-2011

If you want to embed the VLC media player into your blog, then you should abide by certain terms and conditions. The blog application that you have, must be licensed under the General Public License (GNU), even though if you are using ActiveX-plugin and not libvlc. In case you fail to abide by the rules then you will not be able to distribute your application. So these are some of the legal procedures that are needed to follow. You should be cautious while writing the new interface module.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,