Thread: Quicktime X crashes when recording

Quicktime X crashes when recording

hi friends, I have recently installed QuickTime X running on Windows 7 operating system. Since Two days QuickTime player is having some problem. There is an option for recording, so I wanted to record audio and video. But when I started to record the Quicktime X application crashed. I closed the program and again tried it but every time when I start recording it crashed. I don’t know what is wrong with the software. Does anyone have any idea why is it crashing. Please help.

Re: Quicktime X crashes when recording

Quicktime X must be having some error. Some of the file might have been corrupted and thus required to be repaired. Is there any error messages or logs being displayed when it crashed. Uninstall the Quicktime X and again reinstall it. Now try the recording and see if you can perform the recording. The software may require upgradation , find out the latest update available for the Quicktime X and upgrade it. Make sure that you have other applications closed when you are recording.

Quicktime X application record videos, like entries of video log and uses a built in iSight camera or an external camera to record a footage. Whenever you perform recording in Quicktime X, just make sure that all other programs are closed or else they can degrade the video quality or prevent you from running it. The recording can fail and lead the Quicktime X to crash due some reasons like battery failure or low disk space. So if such problem persists then check if the system disk space is running low.

Its true that the Quicktime X may crash if the internal disk space is running low. If the internal disk space has low memory then you will get a notification by the computer in the notification area. Check the virtual memory of the system and delete the unwanted files that are unnecessarily eating up the disk space. You might have just started the recording, when the application crashed. Just check the size of the file that you recorded, the file may be damaged and not playable. If you want to recover the damaged file then send a repair request through Treasured.

Quicktime X may contain some corrupted file due to which it crashed when you were recording audio or video. First of all remove or uninstall the application and reboot the system. After rebooting , install the Quicktime X and then again try to record. See if you are getting any notification from the system regarding the low disk space or low virtual memory. Perform system cleaning by applying onyx. This would surely solve the Quick time crashing problem.

Thank you guys for your kind support, suggestions and sparing your valuable time in this forum to answer my query. After experiencing frequent crashes, I just uninstalled the Quicktime X. I cleaned the system by applying Onyx and then deleted all the unwanted files that were occupying the internal disk space unnecessarily. Then I reinstalled the Quicktime X application and found no more error while recording. I also got repaired the damaged file with the help of Treasured.