Thread: How to create a flash weather widget

How to create a flash weather widget

I work in the IT section at the neighboring university and one of my works is to administer our digital signage in the region of campus. A being offers me with the information to be posted; I make the powerpoint arrangement, and present it on TVs. As I on track of working I've been tasked to generate extra charming content. I've establish open source signage program that is going to work actually fine for us, currently I simply require to understand how to produce a flash based weather widget. My strategies are to generate an easy 2 day forecast widget, and afterward at intervals about the hour have it toggle to a 5 day forecast. So any information or guide will be really appreciated.

Re: How to create a flash weather widget

In order to create a weather widget for your system my best option is to make use of the Weather Widget FX other than lying on the flash only. It supports the following features.
    • HTML/CSS formatted texts
    • customizable widths as well as heights intended for the entire application
    • numerous backdrop and shadow properties
    • customizable skin designed for position search
    • capability to modify everything that you observe (icons, text, items location)
    • supports together Fahrenheit plus Celsius
    • lots of additional features on the Live Demo

I think that you can generate your personal Yahoo Weather App in Flash, by the use of AS 3.0 and Adobe Flash. There are numerous methods to construct such an application; the majority of them make use of an API called Yahoo! ASTRA. However in order to create such an application you will need a step by step guide which you can find on internet rather than tricks and tips. You might need to carry out a coding for this widget.

In order to maintain track of the weather, stocks as well as additional information, most public must log on to quite a few special sites. This can turn into disturb if you have excessively lots of sites to visit. Luckily, in support of Apple users, Apple has developed an innovative attribute called a widget. Widgets are utilized on Apple's Dashboard appl and are fundamentally mini-apps that spotlight on single object, for example sports scores. While you are linked to the Internet, they update routinely and are effortlessly accessed throughout the keyboard function keys. Inside the Safari web browser, you can furthermore produce your personal widgets effortlessly.

The Yahoo! ASTRA Web APIs library is a collection of wrapper tools that make possible right to use to Yahoo! public APIs from Flex in addition to Flash apps. The library makes a concept layer on top of the communication protocols utilized via Yahoo! servers, permitting Flash plus Flex developers to launch and get back data exclusive of whichever physical parsing. The Web APIs library is simple to install and all available techniques are completely documented. The ActionScript library is obtainable underneath an open source license. You can check them out for a easy way to create such as widgets.

I don’t know what kind of weather widget you are trying to create. However there are number of sites which will offer the complete guide to create flash based widgets easily. These widgets cannot be developed only by the use of single applications. You need to make use of combination of software or apps in order to create widgets. For a flash based widgets you will need a flash application to design the interface and a coding application to make the widget work. Along with thing you might need several icons to customize the widget.

unsure Re: How to create a flash weather widget

Hi,

Speaking of sites that give out free stuff, I found a great free Weather Widget. I could make a lot of changes to the widget, including changing the weather icons through the XML file, allowing me to chose the default location, or even allowing me to chose a different location. I am really impressed with what the developers have managed to create.