Thread: Unable to find Quick Time Preferences in Quick Time 10

Unable to find Quick Time Preferences in Quick Time 10

I have a doubt that may seriously look silly but yes this is something that is really bothering me a lot.The thing is that I am looking to turn off open recent in the File menu of Quick Time 10.0 and there is no Quick Time Preferences under the Quick Time menu in Quick Time 10. So can anyone help me to find the Quick Time Preferences in Quick Time 10 as I am really looking for it and would be happy if I get it.Please do get back to me on this as I am really looking forward to it.

Re: Unable to find Quick Time Preferences in Quick Time 10

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and rather that finding it silly I think that it is a bit strange. I do feel that QuickTime X doesn't have any user defined settings or preferences that are present. Also as far as I am concerned even Snow Leopard doesn't have a QuickTime System Preference pane, either. What you can find is that at the very end of the Open Recent menu there is an option to clear it. So just clear then all and then I am sure that all will be fine with you.

I think that the QuickTime X is only found on Snow Leopard. And then there are no older Mac OS’s or Windows versions. So this is what I feel and would say that the QuickTime X is only found on Snow Leopard. Also the Snow Leopard users can have both version 10.0 (X) and 7.6.6 running at the same time. So according to me the only version 7.6.6 has the preferences and it may not be installed on all Snow Leopard machines.

According to me in order to avoid the user confusion regarding these two versions no System Preference pane for QuickTime is installed in Snow Leopard.So for that reason I seriously feel that you just need to consider the X in QuickTime for Snow Leopard experimental.And this is something that might surely help you.So just follow this instructions and then all will be fine with you and will help you to get away with the issue that you are facing.

Looking at the previous solution I do seriously feel that the process of Snow Leopard experimental does not look good to me.What you need to do is that you need to have a glance at the control bar.But somebody thought it was a good idea to block some of the image with that? Also without a Pro version available for QT 10, there is no way to load single frames to make a movie and also there is no way to select part of the video and then just copy paste it.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided me and would say that this is something that is very useful to me.I have just went through the solutions that you have provided and would say that I haven’t worked on them as of yet.But now I will work on then and then hope that they will be useful to me.Also I feel that if there are any other alternative solutions then do get back again.Finally I would like to thank you for the solutions that you have provided me as the have helped me to solve the confusion that I was in.