Thread: Unable to reinstall a Widget 2.0.

Unable to reinstall a Widget 2.0.

I earlier installed the widget. It was working very well until one day it departed. When I attempt to reinstall, it says "Failed to update software for database management." This is not first-time users description that "suddenly disappeared" this is the first time users reported such Error: "Failed to update the software database management." I get dozens every day complaining for several "duplicate icons", "can not install", "can not uninstall 'issues.

Re: Unable to reinstall a Widget 2.0.

Hello, please follow the following settings, first install a widget (MSN Money) through Marketplace and then after that Uninstall MSN Money through Add / Remove Programs from control panel. Following this Go into Marketplace and Remove Widget: from My Applications | Remove an app. And please note that MSN Money is at a standstill here even however it was removed through Add / Remove Programs. And then Click Uninstall. And after that Reinstall MSN Money Widget. I hope this will help you thank you Can you tell me the OS you are installing this on?

As you are acquainted with, not including taking concrete steps to reproduce the difficulty - it is complex to give advice on how to repair it. In this case, the fact that they had the selection to 'Install' in the market and the icon was not on top of the screen may indicate that the flash is uninstalled. This error can occur if you effort to install two widgets that make use of the similar namespace. The namespace must be exclusive for every widget.

There is No Install button within the market, it simply 'Launch' button and with the intention of button does not work. When users have these issues, the control is really deleted (widgets folder / user / xx / removed), but incomplete removal, which is at the point of registration or otherwise, see my other post: “How to reinstall a Widget.” I can not give the exact steps to play all the tracks, in fact nothing more than normal users, and will not be able to remember what they did before they had these problems.

The steps I've done is very simple, What I did is to remove the widget from your Add / Remove Programs, after which direct access is still maintained, and if u want reinstall, or enter the market, this is where the difficulty started, the application is still exposed as "installed" you attempt uninstalling during the marketplace, uninstalling error message proverb it is unfinished, then attempted Uninstall through Add / Remove Programs, same error message you see, we did what we instructed from the other thread about adding a LNK or eliminate the market in the root directory.

I have this difficulty resting on a T-Mobile (UK) HTC HD2. From what I am able to remember I installed the widget on top of MSN Money from Windows Marketplace. I had problems getting the titles I wanted and lost one of the default values I wanted, I could not find a way to read so uninstalling and reinstalling the hope I'd get the default list. This is the first time you have an error. I have tried other things as how to get a copy of the flash and install it manually, but nothing has worked.