Thread: Windows 2008 Server Enterprise R2 x64 and Perc 4/dc SCSI driver not working

Windows 2008 Server Enterprise R2 x64 and Perc 4/dc SCSI driver not working

I contain a Dell PowerEdge 2900. I just put a new installation of MS Windows 2008 ENT. Server x64. I can not seem to find a driver for the SCSI controller PERC 4/DC I installed. I have said that the 2003 x64 driver would work, so I tried to install that driver, but it was not helpful for me. Then Dell told me that the driver must be native to the operating system. It is the native driver 2008 Server (or, presumably)? Does anyone have an answer as to where I could recover if no controller driver?

Re: Windows 2008 Server Enterprise R2 x64 and Perc 4/dc SCSI driver not working

I don't contain a PowerEdge 2900, but I contain a PowerEdge 2850. I'm just an ordinary guy like you who just happened ahead your post and after I outline this driver disaster out I registered to confidently help. The good thing is that my PERC card is the same as the PE2850 PE2900 is in, as I'm using a PERC 4/DC. I've in addition managed to run into the similar problem you ran into? Trying in the direction of to load Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise Server which is with the support for 32-bit processors have been remove in R2. So there are no x86 versions. PE2650s My poor never had an opportunity with this operating system.

Downloaded the driver and extracted to a USB drive. Booted up through the CD Win2k8R2 and at what time it reached the screen where it request to install on top of a partition and did not demonstrate a partition to install Win2k8R2 to comprise selected the option just before load a driver. Since the load driver option to only look in the directory where you extracted the files and selected in that directory. If the "hide the devices are not compatible" is selected (usually by default) that will show you the proper driver. Select 4/DC PERC driver and the configuration of the partitions as you like! From there you should be able to boot the operating system.

I just got a phone call from Dell regarding the same statement, some of them. I was inform that the R2 version was at rest during a "trial" stage I assume that the development of errors with different drivers, etc and did not support that driver yet. He said the driver would be native to the operating system (Windows 2008 Ent. Server) and must be installed during installation. Once again, I have not tested this theory, but that's what they said. I will not be able to work on this issue until tomorrow, but I'll post the results when done.

Official support is what the agent is speaking, and for a proper solution would have to develop / test the driver. However, I know the above process will work as I booted the system and went so far as to create a remote control that for the configuration via RDP. Nevertheless, if you are looking for somewhat that performs and do not wish for to wait for Dell to develop / test the explanation give it a chance. So please try that steps it will helpful for you thank you.

I ran into a problem later than you install Windows 2008 Ent. 64-bit server (not R2). Not sure what was wrong, but IE was crashing, various errors, you can not install any software. A Lil 'marked by this point, I decided to try using the instructions and install the driver during the installation of the R2 version. Well, seems to have worked? My computer is showing in Device Manager and everything "seems" right. (With the PERC 2003 x 64) will be another day or two before I be capable of begin to test this theory, but for at the moment, my aggravation is left.