Thread: Creative Audio Control Panel not visible

Creative Audio Control Panel not visible

I have received one of new Sound Blaster World of Warcraft Tap Chat foot pedals and so far it's not been a joy to use. The difficulty is that I am not able to get the Audio Control panel (the creative panel) as a configurable device. I have the WoW wireless headset and it is on and active (otherwise the panel will not display). The Tap Chat is supposed to display on the list of options under Illumination. If you have any idea that why this I happening to me or how can I resolve the issue then please let me know about that.

Re: Creative Audio Control Panel not visible

This might be the driver problem in your case. The driver installed in your computer may be outdated and that is the reason that you are facing this problem. So look for the latest driver release for this and if you found that it is available then you will have to download and install that in your computer. I hope that this will resolve the problem for you. Thank you!!!

First of all you will have to check the Device manger and see if you are able to get the Tap Chat as an 'USB Composite Device'. If it is not showing up on your Device Manager then this means that the Tap Chat is not detected by your computer. Try connecting it to another USB port. I have seen this solution on one of the other site and so I am recommending you the same. See if this is helpful to you in any manner.

So, after hours of troubleshooting with this GD product from Creative, I figured out what you need to do to finally configure it under the Audio Control Panel. After you install the latest drivers and FW for the headset, unplug the USB transmitter but make sure the tap chat is connected. Then, open up audio control panel and it should show up to configure it. This is the only way it worked for me, but I'm glad it at least works. You can try it to see if it works for you as well.

The best way for you is to get in touch with the Customer support and enquire them about the problem that you are facing. If you want to do that then you can click here and this will let you to the customer support page. They are the one who can provide you the best and exact solution for this. I am quite sure that you will be out of trouble once you contact them. Good Luck!!!

I've already called your support group.* They didn't even know that the product EXISTED.*Nor did they have any idea what the problem is.It's pretty obvious the problem is due to the device not being detected on 64bit systems (yes, I can see the device on a 32 bit machine). So if anyone has Windows 7 64bit they are probably going to be sadly dissapointed with this device. Also configuration only works if you have the WoW headset plugged in... which is really odd considering you don't need the headset to use the device once configured (you can use it anywhere without drivers since it is essentially a keyboard with only one key).