Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to export iMovie 6 projects to iMovie 8 in QuickTime

Windows Software

Old 18-04-2011

Unable to export iMovie 6 projects to iMovie 8 in QuickTime

I have been trying to do this from a long time but was unable to do this for some reason .What I am trying to do is that I am trying to export an iMovie 6 project to iMovie 8 in QuickTime so that I can then import it from QuickTime into iMovie 8.I tried it many times following some instructions that were present in the manual but for some reason I am not able to do it. So can anyone tell me who has gone through this already then do get back to me immediately.

Old 18-04-2011

Re: Unable to export iMovie 6 projects to iMovie 8 in QuickTime

Even I was from similar kind of problem and was not able to export iMovie 6 project to iMovie 8 in QuickTime. But then what I did was that I followed the instructions in David Pogue's manual iMovie 8.This manual is perfect and has the proper and sufficient information that is required to solve the query that you are facing. This is something that would present you with the proper information that is needed and then I am sure that you will be able to fix the issue that you are currently facing.
Old 18-04-2011

Thanks a lot for the solution that you have provided and would say that this is something that I have used already.I used this manual and that didn?t help me to export iMovie 6 project to iMovie 8 in QuickTime. What I did was that I exported the movie project from iMovie 6 in QuickTime but when it appears on the desktop it is in the .mov format, not Quicktime. So when I try to import it to iMovie 8 the project appears on the desktop but it is not clear.So this is the actual issue that I have been facing from a long time now.
Old 18-04-2011

I think that there must be something wrong in the setting that is not allowing you to perform what you are trying to do.What settings did you use during the iMovie 6 export? I guess that one would be .dv for standard definition format and the other would use .mov which would be for the high definition.I guess that this is the setting that you have been using currently.Also the get info window should show the default open with application. With this you can change this to QuickTime X or QuickTime Player 7.6.6, if installed.
Old 18-04-2011

As far as I am concerned I just browsed to see if there is anything significant that I can find to fix the issue but I would tell you that there is nothing there suggests that iMovie couldn't open the file. I would say that it is a self contained or reference movie that is present. Also the file size should go in GB's for a file over 20 minutes. I think that a reference movie would be in KB's and would depend on the source files to be intact to play.
Old 19-04-2011

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you all have provided to me.It helped me a lot to fix the issues that I am facing and would say that this is something that will help me to export iMovie 6 projects to iMovie 8 in QuickTime. But I would say that if there are still any other solutions that are present then do get back to me as even they would be handy for me to fis this issue completely. But right now I would say that I am happy with the solutions that you have provided and would say that it has actually helped me to fix the issue a bit that I am facing.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,