Thread: Functions of VLC media player

Functions of VLC media player

Hello I am usually working on the widows 7 operating system. And then the thing here is that I am also using the windows media player to deal with all kind of media files but from last few days it is not working properly and I really don’t know the exact reason for the same. And few friends of mine told me that the VLC media player is the finest one I should go with it but I don’t want to take any risk regarding this one so I need to know some of its best function that will allow me to use it and also need to get a clear idea regarding the media player.

Re: Functions of VLC media player

VLC Player is the most popular open source media player, available for Windows, Linux and Mac, ranked as the best one among the thousands of media players available on the Internet or for a fee. Until recently, before he came to version 1.0, was used essentially "just" to watch videos of any kind in recent months has received strong updates that have led to a complete range of multimedia functions of each type. Many of these functions are also some 'hidden and you have to activate them or pay any attention to discover and appreciate. What makes the better then VLC, plus the ability to read any video format without having to add codecs, provides for smooth playback and no shots, ability to capture streaming video from Internet sources, to record anything close to its interface and includes many other functions that I believe not everyone knows about but which are really to point out.

Well according to me effects video worthy of the best video editing programs. VLC comprises many video effects to alter the vision of a film set, video cropping, perspective and geometric increase or zoom, rotate video 90 degrees, 180 or the angle you want, play with colors effects and editing effects, water, lack of definition. You can also add the overlay graphics, text, and even logos or watermarks. To access the options related to video effects, just press the button on the extended configuration which is the symbol of an equalizer.

Among the basic settings you can adjust various image color correction, hue, contrast, brightness, The changes are visible in real time on a video that is playing. Also in the settings tab of the basic video effects, there is an entry called "Emphasis" or the sharpness of the images. If a video were blurry if the image was not too clear, you can adjust the sharpness to focus and bring out the images taken in the video.

Well there is a color tab and n the Colors tab, you can play with colors, but there is no list of colors to choose from. You can write a color code (see here how to find the color codes ) to introduce it in the video. Through the option to extract color, you can insert the code of a specific color to remove it from the video. Basically this allows you to apply a filter on the video of the color you want. I am sure you will get the proper picture quality and also the best colors to view the videos

The function that allows you to add a logo to the video will be much appreciated by the user to upload videos to YouTube to identify and put an indelible signature. The watermark, you can put the logo in the video, transparency, tab menu "Repeat." It can be a PNG or JPG. To use this function, the page logo, you must specify the full path where the image on the computer, adjust the transparency and set its position.

There are things that one knows where to look, then you find that you have at home. The transformation of the box, allows you to rotate a video 90 degrees or put it upside down to 180 degrees. This is really useful to put straight on a video recorded by the camera in a different angle. The zoom of the video is another great feature to make the magnification of the entire movie or just a scene.

Among the most popular of the new VLC is the ability to record from any video source or front. Registration generally is in fact one of the best features of VLC because, is a edited video with the effects seen above, is a streaming video from the internet, and anything else that appears on the computer screen and, therefore, also shooting a webcam, can be recorded. Meanwhile, in general, if it appears in the record button is enabled, the menu displays, advanced controls. But if you have to choose which source to record, press menu, Media, convert and save. To choose what to record, just click on "Open capture device" to see, in a pull down menu, all possible sources connected to the PC.