Thread: Unable to install QTTask.exe on Windows 7.

Unable to install QTTask.exe on Windows 7.

Guys I am having some issues in installing the iTtunes w/QuickTime or QuickTime on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I have tried some method but yet nothing worked for me Running system as Admin , disabled all Firewall and AV, took the ownership of QuickTime folder but yet no results. So I re-downloaded the file and tried to install but same thing again, And Installation generates QuickTime folder and also install other files with exe’s. But “QTTask is not running on the system nor any other QucikTime service” this is what I am able to see. Please help,

Re: Unable to install QTTask.exe on Windows 7.

Well dude I had similar kind of problem while installing iTtunes w/QuickTime or QuickTime on my Windows 7. First I thought that it’s an issue with operating system but on the tech forums I have found that it wasn’t an OS error so don’t worry it will be in some simple steps. But you have to tell me exactly what message you are getting when you are trying to install the iTtunes w/QuickTime or QuickTime.

Thanks mate for such a quick response, this is the only site on which I have got a reply on other sites I didn’t even got a single reply and I posted the query in last week. Well the message I am getting is “c:\prgm X86\quicktime\QTTask.exe.” and one more thing I want to add is I am getting The QuickTime folder with some “.exe” files in it. Please revert soon because yet I thinking for complete format of systesm. Thank you,

Well I think it’s due to the disk/file damage. After running a checkdisk on your system drive e.i. C drive we can get some conclusion. You can find the instruction on Windows 7 site just search for “How to use CHKDSK(check disk)” and those steps are in My Computer, right click on C drive and select “Properties” and then click on “Tools” click on “Check now” and then select both the instructions both "automatically fix file system errors" and "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors". And you should start this scan after restarting the system. It generally takes longer time but if it ends quickly then there is something which interfering with the scan.

Thanks a lot guys for giving me some solution , I tried all of them but nothing worked for me because the problem was in \pgm x86\Quicktime. So I didn’t had any other option despite install it all again. So I have downloaded the quicktime installer and have given instruction to it to install the quicktime and finally after that iTunes got installed in\Pgm(x86)\iTunes. Everything is working fine now, thank you guys for taking so much concern.