Thread: Error code 643 for Microsoft Silverlight.

Error code 643 for Microsoft Silverlight.

Guys I have Windows 7 Home, 64 but with service pack 1, I have updates my all the application in the system and also I have updated Windows. But when I tried to update the Microsoft Silverlight (KB2495644), I was not able to update it, it failed every time I tried. I have tried manually clean up for broken Silverlight installation given by its site, nothing worked for me for uninstall and it has given me Error code 643. Well guys please help me out what should I do.

Re: Error code 643 for Microsoft Silverlight.

Hey mate even I have tried all the possible solution from the web site but nothing worked for me as well. First, they told us by traditional method by add/remove programs but in that I got message that only administrator has that privilege but I am the only one user, in second method using regedit the registry did not exist in my computer and for the third and last one i.e. Windows update which also given me Code 643. Please help.

Guys there is always a built in account in your system using that you can uninstall the application to access administrator account follow this steps.
    1> Open the Microsoft Managemnet Console i.e MMC.
    2> Now from there select local users and groups.
    3> Now you will see Administrator, right click on it and select “Properties”.
    4> In general tab clear the checkbox in front of “Account is disabled”. And close the MMC.
    Now you will the Administrator privileges.

Well buddy I have already deleted all the files from Windows Explorer, but I wasn’t sure that my system is aware or not of that files that they are uninstalled so I have visited the official web sites and followed the instruction for cleanup for broken Silverlight installation. Actually I did not get what I had to do and 2nd method was of no use for me. And when I went to MMC, there I had to add a snap-in, but after that I got the error saying that snap-in can’t be used with Windows 7 Home premium. Please help us.

Guys getting administrator administrator is must to uninstall and delete Silverlight from the registry. Try to switch users may be there will be an administrator account in “Start”. If there is no such account then contact Windows 7 officials web site. And after that don’t forget to delete Silverlight from registry table because deleting the folder is not quite enough. On this address “C:/Program files/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Microsoft/Silverlight” you can find Solverlight registry on Windows 7. And delete it from there.

Thanks a lot guys for taking part in my post, I have posted the same query on many officials forums of software, where I had expected the answer most but bit disappointed with the result nobody have given any effective answer expect on this forum site. Administrator privilege was missing in my case and I got that by following MMC method, I uninstalled the Silverlight and installed it again and now it’s working. Thank you guys for helping me out.