Thread: Is it possible to use gstreamer library with vlc?

Is it possible to use gstreamer library with vlc?

The question says it all. Well guys I am just curious to know the answer of this question. So what do you all think is it possible to use the gstreamer library with the vlc media player. So if it is then can you tell me some methods by which I would be able to get the gstreamer library to work with the vlc player. Guys I am expecting some solutions from you all. So please do send in some good solutions. I am waiting for your responses so do reply as fast as possible.

Re: Is it possible to use gstreamer library with vlc?

Your answer for this question is no. no I don’t think so you would be able to use the gstreamer library with the vlc media player. So thinking about using it is a big no for me. However it would be very interesting to know for which purpose you would like to use the gstreamer library for vlc media player. If you can tell us the method then it would be interesting to know for what purpose are you using the gstreamer library. So do reply with the purpose it would be nice to hear some new method from you.

Its because of the crystal hd decoder. You see the Crystal HD decoder has plugin for gstreamer library and I have heard that Playback support for H.264 and other codecs is possible with the default media players that we are using and they can be used with the ubuntu and the meego operating systems that we use. So what does this imply is that all the gstream based applications can also be used with it. So that’s what I had to say here. Hope you have got the response that you were looking for. Anyways if you want to add some inputs then please feel free to post it.

Ok nice to hear about that even I am a vlc enthusiast and would like to share something here. I am having the CrystalHD decoder for VLC and I will soon be having it for the windows as well. I just want to know if you are having the BCM? If you are having then which version of the BCM are you using? If you have any idea then please o share it with me. Even I want to see some responses here. It would be nice to discuss about the matter. So please do reply.

Well what I want to say that the version that I am using is the BCM70015 version. So that’s what I want to say and also one more thing that I would like to add here is that, which version of the vlc are you all using? Have anybody of you tested the compatibility of gstreamer application and the vlc in the windows operating system? So if it is then please let me know about it. Guys lets make this discussion more interesting and hence do answer the queries.

The BCM version that I am using is the BCM00015. Also I have merged the BCM00015 version with the VLC 1.2.0. I think they are working pretty cool so it would be great if you are having the BCM70015 version and that too can be used with the VLC 1.2.0. So that’s what I have to say here. However it would be very interesting to know how it can be used with the windows. Even I am using it in my Linux ubuntu and hence I think that would be a good option.