Thread: Visual Studio 2010 and SilverLight 3.

Visual Studio 2010 and SilverLight 3.

Hello guys I am Computer Science student and I have bought a new computer and I have to install VS2010 from VS2005/VB.Net/ASP.Net/Infragistics, with VS2010. I have installed VS2010 Beta 1 on my system, SL3 SDk and Silverlight developer. But I think something has gone wrong while installing because when I click on “Silverlight Components” in toolbox of Silverlight Application I get an error and VS201 reboots. Guys please help me out.

Re: Visual Studio 2010 and SilverLight 3.

Hey dude I was looking for same query but didn’t because I thought maybe it will need some programming so I was just looking around, I have exactly the same problem as you have described and I have one more problem I want to add an xap file in ASP.Net/VB project which is
    Code:
    <asp:silverlight source="~/clientbin/SilverlightApplication8.xap" minimumversion="2.0.31005.0" width="75%"height="75%" runat="server" />
    I had got the following Error "Error Creating Control - Aspilverlight Unkown server tag 'asp:silverlight'” . Please help I will be going to web.config file to add Assembly, but what information to add in "<add assembly ="" />" . Please help guys,

Well dude I had similar kind of problem but it got fixed in few seconds even I thought it will be something related to coding so I was bit worried about it in the beginning but when I got the solution it was just few clicks away actually Silverlight 3 SDK doesn’t include asp:silverlight control so you guys have to install Silverlight 2 SDK then the issue will be fixed and I guess problem of both you guys will be solved. Revert soon if you have any other query.

I have installed SDK 2 but getting the same error when I put the “System.Web.Silverlight.dll” from this file path “d:\Softwares\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Libraries\Server\ “ in the assembly viewer I got the same error. And when I right clicked on the project and selected “Property Page” and then “References” and after that added “system.Web.Silverlight”. and I got the following code in Web.Config
    Code:
    <add assembly="System.Web.Silverlight, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/></assemblies>
    Silverlight and Mediaplayer was added in tool box. And to compare HTML code, I put Silverlight tool in web page and got this
    Code:
    <%@ Register assembly="System.Web.Silverlight, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" namespace="System.Web.UI.SilverlightControls" tagprefix="asp" %>
    And then I removed the code which I added by Silverlight tools and I got this code.
    Code:
    <asp:silverlight source="~/clientbin/SilverlightApplication1.xap" minimumversion="2.0.31005.0" width="56%"height="100%" runat="server" ID="sl25" />
    Please give me further instructions.

Well dude I am not getting you what you’re trying to do, I bit confused after looking at your codes But I want you to know that you should remember Silverlight runs on the client side and on server side ASP.Net runs. If you want you can call a wcf or asmx service by using Silverlight application. Well you have given me the errors and the codes but you haven’t told me what are trying to do , first tell me then I will be able to help you out.

Well mate my query you have solved in your very first post only, after installing SDK 2 everything started working. I was bit worried at that time I thought there some major error and I have to reinstall my system and everything but the nothing was like that. I have searched a lot about this thing over net but nobody have suggested me this thing and as sson as I installed SDK2 and restarted the system. Everything started working on Silverlight. Thanks a lot mate,