Thread: Unable to stream in vlc using multicast address FF15::500

Unable to stream in vlc using multicast address FF15::500

I hope you have got the problem that I am facing after having read the title. The thing is that I am successfully able to stream with the multicast address FF12::500. I use it with the link-local scope IPv6 multicast address and that works fine. When I try to use it with the multicast address "FF15::500 is the same manner i get an error saying that it cannot start streaming the output instance is aborting, I tried using the other multicast address but only the multicast address of FFx2 format seemed to be working. So can anyone help me here so that I would be successfully able to stream with the multicast address like FF15::500?

Re: Unable to stream in vlc using multicast address FF15::500

Just check if you are making use of the scope id while you are declaring a multicast address. For example FF12::500%wlan0, see if you are using any Linux operating system then it will not allow you to make use of the scop id in the non link local ink address. I cannot see the scop id in the post that you have mentioned above but in case you are using for the practical use then I would suggest you to drop the scope id and then try with the declaration, I am sure it will be of lot of help for you.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I must say that you guys are quick in answering the questions. Well I must say that your solution did work for me but I should say that it worked for me partly only. The receiver side was working perfectly but the same results I could not find correctly in the sender side. I do get a fail message at the end of the line in the results. I did make sure that I had removed the but still there is no changes in the sender side. So that’s what I have to say here. Any solutions that you would like to give me then please do let me know about it.

Well for me to identify the problem I would be interested in knowing more about the log report error. So for that I would like to know what kind of error are you getting. So please do send in me the exact report that you are getting and also the error that you are getting. So that I would be able to identify the problem. So do reply as fast as possible so that I can have a take at your problem. So do reply fast.

Yes I would surely like to submit you the report details. So here is the log details
    vlc -vvv --ipv6 dinosaurs.mpeg --sout '#rtp{mux=ts,dst=ff12::500}' --ttl 4" - fails, messages:
    [0xb710296c] main stream out debug: net: connecting to [ff12::500]:5004
    [0xb710296c] main stream out warning: ff12::500 port 5004 : Invalid argument
    [0xb710296c] stream_out_rtp stream out error: cannot create RTP socket
    [0xb712a9e4] main stream output error: stream chain failed for `rtp{mux=ts,dst=ff12::500}'
    [0x9aa53bc] main playlist debug: finished input
    [0xb73006ec] main input error: cannot start stream output instance, aborting
    here you can see at the starting that I have not added the ‘%wlan0’ then also it is giving me the problem. So what’s your take on the problem. Please do specify.

See after having read the report I can see that there is no major issue with the vlc it’s a normal thing to get this kind of error. It is a normal thing. See it can be an issue with the design of GNU/libc and not the vlc issue. so that’s what I would like to say continue with the procedure that I have suggested and I am sure it will work for you. So do have a look at it. Do try again for once and it will do get sorted out. So just relax everything is fine. I hope you are happy with the response.