Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Silverlight 4 unable to install on XP Pro

Windows Software

Old 18-04-2011

Silverlight 4 unable to install on XP Pro

I was previously working on IE and Google Chrome and over there everything was fine and there was no problem at all. But now when I decided to update Silverlight there was some kind of error that I was facing. The issue was that the update didn?t install al all. Also I tried to uninstalled Silver light v2.But even that wasn?t of any use at all.So now I don?t know what is to be done.So can anyone tell me how to install Silverlight on XP Pro. Do get back to me as I am waiting for the solutions.

Old 18-04-2011

Re: Silverlight 4 unable to install on XP Pro

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that did you apply XP SP2? This will surely help you to fix the issue that you are facing. Also maybe there are some software that are compatible with Silver light, such as antivirus software. So use a clean PC with XP Pro to test if there is the same problem. Even this will help you to fix the issue that you are facing.So I guess that these are some of the solutions that I have given to use and feel that they might be helpful to solve the issue that you have.
Old 18-04-2011

According to me there is no version of Silver Light that will install now. You need to delete all references to Silverlight in the registry. Also I guess that you need to delete all references to Silverlight on C drive. Along with that you need to uninstalled Silverlight v4 toolkit. Once you done with all these things then what you need to do is that you just have to start with a fresh reinstallation of silverlight and then see if it works for you or not. I am sure that this process will definitely work for you to get away with the problem that you are facing.
Old 18-04-2011

I guess according to me the mystery lays in the fact that SilverLight v2 was working fine with all software's that were present on this system. It is only SilverLight v3 & v4 updates that would not install. So here itself lies the problem and this is the reason why you are facing this problem. I would ask you that have you tried them on any other XP Pro systems that will load SilverLight .Also do you know whether it's not an XP incompatibility.
Old 18-04-2011

I suppose that the trouble for you might have started when you were directed to uninstall v2 with the hopes of getting away with the problem. But now I agree with the solution that is being provided earlier and would say that only SilverLight v3 & v4 updates that would not install.Also I would ask you that do you have AVG on this system.It is very important that you just use them to clean the system and then it may help you to fix the issue.But whatever it is you just need to follow the steps and then everything will be fine with you after that.
Old 19-04-2011

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided to me to fix the issue that I am facing.I just went through all of them but haven?t used them as of yet. But I feel that once I use then then all will be fine with me.now I suppose that I have quite a few options to work with that will help me to fix the issue that I am facing currently.So I would like to thank you all for the solutions and the support that you provided me to solve the issues that I am facing currently.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,