Thread: Is it legal to use vlc lib trespass?

Is it legal to use vlc lib trespass?

I am no lawyer by profession so that’s why I want to ask this question with you all. So can anyone tell me if I am able to use the VLC lib API. I know that it is a closed source application with which I cannot use it because of the general public license rule implemented. So I just happened to come across this application in the internet that allows me to make use of the vlc as a commercial program. So tell me if I would be able to make use of that application. Your comments would be appreciated. Please do reply.

Re: Is it legal to use vlc lib trespass?

Well making use of applications like ActiveX will allow you to make use of the vlc media player. If you are thinking of using the lib vlc then you will have to be gpl then only you would be able to make use of the vlc . I think the basic idea is simple and I think you have got the suggestion that I have specified here. So do not worry much and I am sure you would be able to get the answer for the problem that you are looking for.

As far as I know for the active x module to be run in the vlc then it must be necessary that it must be written in gpl compatible license. See if they are not vlc specific then they can easily be run in the other gpl media players. So that’s what I want to say here, so check for the requirements that I have suggested you here and make sure that they follow all the requirements. Then only you will be able to make use of the vlc version that you were talking of. So I hope yo9u have got the point that I am trying to make here.

See according to me the concept is simple. See if they are claiming that they are going to provide you the vlc player without the gpl license then it is but obvious that they are not having the appropriate license of the vlc and hence they will not be having the lib vlc in their software installer without which you cannot do anything. Had if they had installed the lib vlc in their software installer the thing would be completely different here. So that’s what I have to say here. Do look at the points that I am specifying here.

Ok, got the point that you are trying to make here and I must say that it was useful for me. I will try and find out if the vlc lib files are being indeed present there in the vlc library or not. I will make it a point to have a look at the points that you had specified. So I will surely make it a point to have a look at that. Thanks for your co operative efforts that you have put In here. It has really helped me a lot thanks for the help.