Thread: Quicktime 7 unable to play extracted .mov files

Quicktime 7 unable to play extracted .mov files

Hello guys. Greetings to all. I had a party past night with all the friends. We took videos of the memories and my friend mailed me in the morning. I have downloaded it but te issue is that I am not able to open it. In vlc media player it gets hooked up, with quicktime it displays me a message that the movie cannot be opened. It is not a movie file. Guys plese help me what the issue is as I really want to have a watch on the videos. Thanks.

Re: Quicktime 7 unable to play extracted .mov files

Hi. I will advocate you that you should run software update so that your operating system is updated. If you want to see windows media video files, then you will be required to download and install flip4mac plugin for quicktime. It is freely available. In case you want to see avi and flash then download and install perian. Even that is freely obtainable. Thus, you will now be able to use quicktime, be it any video format. In case any file doesn’t open in quicktime, then you will be required to do a get info on the file and allocate quicktime as defaulting player for all the files .

Hi. My recommendation will be that you should install a perian codec pack 1.0. Latest version will be more appropriate. Also, I will suggest you to give a try to Mplayer for Operating system X. Also, you can tell your friend to send it once again but this time in different codec. I would like to tell you that .mov is just a container. It may contain divx, mpeg, mkv or some other type of file. Also, .mp4 has very good quality and is very compact. It is not tough at all to play on various platforms.

Hey buddy,I would like to enlighten you a bit on mov files. Just keep in mind that mov isn’t a compression format. You can insert audio and video compressed information along with the systems quick time configuration inside the container from divX or xvid to wmv id preferred. Thus, if you want to play the videos that you have received from your friend, you will have to configure your machine to be playback friendly along with the files.

Hi. By reading the above post you must have understood what is the reason that you are not able to watch your party videos . Well, I will guide you further and let you know how you can configure your machine as stated above. Firstly, you will be required to recognize what type of compressed information is contained in the mov file. Then try to open the quick time inspector window and reporting and see what information it gives concerning the formats which are used to generate file.

Hi dude.I just hope that it is not a windows configuration issue that is driving you crazy and creating worries to view your party videos . So, I will imply you that you should uninstall and again install different editions of quicktime, be it regular mode, safe mode or administrator. Also, you can give a try and disable file indexing. One more thing that clicks me is that you can run chkdsk. Also, you change the sharing and security options inside the C drive.