Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is it possible to play files from vlc using remote file system

Windows Software

Old 18-04-2011

Is it possible to play files from vlc using remote file system

I was just thinking about this idea and wondering whether this would be able to give me some help in my problem. Well I am using the Amazon S3 to store the music it does work well but I cannot term the service as perfect. So I use a software called Expandrive that will recognize s3 as a local file system. Even vlc does not pre buffer songs so whenever there is a poor connection between the vlc and the s3 the songs are bound to get affected. So I am thinking to use the server in between the vlc and the S3. So how?s the idea? Any supportive ideas that you all would like to share here.

Old 18-04-2011

Re: Is it possible to play files from vlc using remote file system

Yes I appreciate your idea for whatever use that you want to setup the server but don?t you think that it will be a case of illegal copying of the music files. See whatever you have said is correct and it must be possible to create a server and make it use as the remote file system. So that?s what I would like to say here be careful with the method that you are going to be implement because such methods are not normally practiced here and hence it would be risky to go ahead with such method.
Old 18-04-2011

Yes I completely agree with the above user for whatever he has said. Now the main thing is that whatever service that you are using for setting up the collection of music. See if you ask me then mp3tunes will provide you the best possible service that you are looking for and so it will be just a click away for you to get all kind of services that you are looking for, you will also need LockerSync software that will allow you to pull everything from the cloud service. So that will be a great way to load a new computer with your library of music.
Old 18-04-2011

I think it?s not illegal that if you have the ripped files in the system and as far as you are having the access to the files then it is completely ok. So I don?t think so there is any illegality about this matter and hence I think you can easily carry on with the method that you have suggested here. Although it will require you some kind of investment in this field, dropbox, mp3tunes and spotify are some of the service that I think will help you in the process. So go ahead and I am sure it will be a lot of help for you.
Old 19-04-2011

Ok, thanks for recommending some useful solutions for me. Thanks for the help that you all have provided and I must say that all the services that you have suggested will be of lot of help for me. So thanks a lot for the help that you all have given here, i must say after reading all your suggestions all were quite informative for me, so that really benefited me a lot. I appreciate your efforts for solving out my issue.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,