Thread: Quicktime Pro truncates the file while converting from .mov format to .wmv format

Quicktime Pro truncates the file while converting from .mov format to .wmv format

I have got this new Quicktime Pro with me and I am really happy with it. Now few days ago I was planning to upgraded the Quicktime Pro so that I can convert .mov files to .wmv for Windows colleagues. Now when I tried to convert my .mov files which are Apple GIF animations that are about 8 Mb in size I found that the file is truncated in half. The conversion doesn’t take properly and that is the problem that I am facing. Also the .mov to .avi conversion runs to completion but has very poor resolution. Please do get back to me on this as I am really worried about this problem.

Re: Quicktime Pro truncates the file while converting from .mov format to .wmv format

I just had a look at the problem that you have posted and would say that I didn’t particularly understand the question that you have put up. I just want to know what you mean by required Flip4Mac plug-in. If you are actually referring to the free plug in then according to my knowledge it only includes a demo version of the WMV export codec file which only allows limited partial export of content. So I suppose is such is the case then you need the Flip4Mac package to export complete files to WMV. This is what you need to do to solve the problem that you are facing.

Re: Quicktime Pro truncates the file while converting from .mov format to .wmv format

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. I just went through the solution that you have put up and would say that I was actually referring to the free plug. So I guess that you have got it right when you spotted that.Also I haven’t as of yet tried the solution that you have put up but I am sure that I will use it and then hope that it will work fine for me.I think that I need to immediately get the Flip4Mac package and then hope that the things would be better for me.Also if there are any other solutions then do get back to me .

Yes this is what you need to do to fix this kind of issue. There was a similar kind of problem that was faced by me and then I used the same procedure to fix the issue. But while using the Flip4Mac package to export complete files to WMV you just need to be alter. This is because what happens is that during such times you can get an error message saying parameter out of range.This is due to some illegal setting which gets detected.So just be alter with this and then everything will be fine with you.

After going through the question I would say that are you trying to attempting to export at a size larger than what the standard definition is? Also do you need studio pro HD to export frame sizes that are larger than SD. So I would say that you need WMV Studio Pro to be able to change the settings so if you are trying to use anything other than the presets then that might also be your problem.So this is what you need to do and then I am sure that it will fix the issue that you are facing immediately.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided as I just now managed to complete the conversion of .mov format to .wmv format without any truncating any file. I followed the same steps that were mentioned in the solution and they really helped me to fix the issue that I am facing. So finally I would like to thank you for the solutions that you have provided to me and would say you that they really came to my help to get away with the problem that I am facing.