Thread: Creative software failed to detect Hardware

Creative software failed to detect Hardware

I have been spending days and nights on this. My computer is running Windows 7.After plugging in the card X-fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI express to the MB, Windows 7 detected a card there. Downloaded generic sound drivers and called the card High Definition Audio Device or something of the sorts. Using the creative auto update program, it told me to download the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Driver 2.17.0007. When installing, it would give me an error saying there is a more up to date driver installed already. I know that "HD audio Device" is not the most up to date drivers. I tried uninstalling the drivers then installing the creative one. Win7 constantly installs its own drivers over and over again. I have Home, so I can’t use the group policy trick to turn off auto driver install. Please tell me that why this is happening to me and how can it be resolved.

Re: Creative software failed to detect Hardware

If you cannot make use of the group policy trick then you can also see to the CD that comes along with the card that you are using and after that you can do the force overwrite driver install. Just click on that and it will install that without any problem. Once you are done with that then you can simply reboot the computer and then install the latest driver for that. It might take some time to do but there are more chances that it will resolve the issue for you.

In searching the Creative web site, I couldn't find my web cam model listed and in the download area, it was written that if the model is not present, they no longer support it with updated drivers specifically for W-7. I have two computers that I have tried to install the web cam on. On running 64 bit W-7. This one sees the mike and ear piece but not the video.(no green light on the camera); attempts to load the drivers from the disc that came with the camera failed. (Repeated several times). On running 32 bit W-7. This one sees the video camera which shows my face on the screen so it works; the audio for the ear piece and the mike cannot be seen saying no sound card is present. We took some cards out from the original home entertainment model relating to TV and such but the audio card function should still be on the motherboard. This computer did run the web cam before in XP with all the extra cards present. I think the systems are using Realtek drivers.

I recently bought my creative card and faced the same problem, however i just tried something and it worked and that I want to share with you. If you want to do the same then you can first insert the installation disk and then go open and view via my computer, open the folder Audio > Drivers > Setup. Nor run the setup and restart computer, it should detect the sound card immediately when it starts. Hope it work out for you and despite the entire problem, i still like creative. i hate Microsoft for complicating many people.

I have not contacted Creative directly. I realize that this issue is very common and will most likely get a run around response. I am posting, collectively seeing if anyone else has SOFTWARE problems with windows 7. Again, the hardware and drivers are fine. The SOFTWARE that releases my sound cards full potential is not working. As for your web cam problem, look deeper into device detection and driver installation. Win7 may be auto installing wrong drivers.

I recently bought my creative card and faced the same problem, however i just tried something and it worked. Insert the installation disk, go open and view via my computer, open the folder Audio > Drivers > Setup. Run the setup and restart computer, it should detect the sound card immediately when it starts. Hope it work out for you and despite the entire problem, i still like creative. I hate Microsoft for complicating many people