Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Control Panel crash with latest PCI drivers

Windows Software

Old 18-04-2011

Control Panel crash with latest PCI drivers

Friends, I have recently installed the latest PCI driver on my computer and the installation went very fine without any problem. But after the installation process, I started facing some of the problems with my computer. Actually whenever I try to open the control panel then the Control Panel get crashed immediately after opening that. Once this is happened then I am left with only one option and that is restarting the computer. Please help me to resolve the problem like this.

Old 18-04-2011

Re: Control Panel crash with latest PCI drivers

You have not mentioned that which version of the PCI driver you have installed in your computer. There is possibility that the version you have installed. In my case, I am having the version 2.18.0013 and that is working very fine. So you should go to the download page and from there install the same version of the driver in your computer to see if that can resolve the issue that you are facing with your computer.
Old 18-04-2011

*Well I am sure that this is going to blow your mind. I download the newest X-FI titanium drivers and unzip them with WINRAR. Then I browse the driver folder inside and update with those. I don?t use the setup.exe as it will detect incorrect product. I choose the have disk method and it works brilliantly. I used my PCI Fatality PRO with the BETAS and the control panel gave me fits. So I tried as a lark to have disk to the Titanium drivers and it worked beautifully. This even gave me VOICEFX for soundFX with my microphone. I am not able to understand that what the problem with that is.
Old 18-04-2011

I am unsure that what can of worms will be opened using non-standard Titanium driver files on an XtremeGamer card. I think I will keep using those outdated 2.18.13 (which are not DXdiag 64-bit certified for WHQL before something else breaks. If you run the 64-bit version of DXDiag it clearly says in the Sound tab that ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed and not WHQL certified at the bottom. So the 2.18.13 "current" drivers are not fully certified by Microsoft.
It says:
The file ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,