Thread: Unable to install Creative WaveStudio

Unable to install Creative WaveStudio

I have searched on internet in order to find a way to install the Creative WaveStudio software. I own a Creative X-FI Elite Pro edition and I run Windows 7. When I installed the drivers from here (did cost me a great deal of pain back then, so please don't let me uninstall and go through that again, it didn't offered me to install WaveStudio. My CD does not work because it says that the os is not supported. When I go to the directory Audio\WStudio and launch Setup.exe, it fails with error -6003 immediately (which I think means, OS not supported). The error itself is vague. It says: error, try to clean temp folder, close all apps and make sure you're connected to the internet. I went to the support page, and downloaded the web-update. You can guess what happened. It said that I needed to install the latest version first. Please help, I'm getting desperate, and I don't want to downgrade my OS just so I can use wavestudio.

re: Unable to install Creative WaveStudio

Do you have by any chance removed Windows Media Player from your system? If you do not have WMP installed or have previously removed WMP from your system, you might want to install the Media Feature Pack before installing the Creative WaveStudio. This is the only thing that I can suggest you at the time and I wish that this is going to help you. If it resolves the problem then its fine otherwise you can reply back so that we can provide you some other solution for this. Thank you!!!

Thanks for your reply but I have already tried that but unfortunately it didn't work. When I run the windows update as you suggested by clicking the Media Feature Pack, it wants to validate my windows. It gets through so I can download the files. When I run them, I get the message that this update is not applicable for my windows version. I suppose I can try installing windows media player 11, but I would only do that if uninstalling it after getting the software to work is no problem. Can you tell me, that if I manage to get the software to run, and I then uninstall wmp11, everything runs fine? Thanks for all the help so far.

I do make use of Windows Media Player Classic, but since I hate WMP 11 (it always screws with my settings) I did remove that one. I'll try this suggestion tonight. Some files in Windows Media Player could be shared / required by the Creative WaveStudio. Please keep us posted if you can get Creative WaveStudio installed and functioning properly after installing WMP 11.

You can try to go to start->control panel->program and features-> install/remove windows features -> media -> Windows media player, and enabled it again. (I had disabled this in the past because I don't want to use WMP11 as I have WMP classic which surprisingly works better for me.) Anyway, after enabling the feature, you can try to setup of the web update and it will get installed. You will have to test in how far you are needed to have WMP installed so as to use the wavestudio. For now, you can keep WMP 11 installed so that you can finish this project.