Thread: Unable to install QuickTime + iTunes in iPhone 3g

Unable to install QuickTime + iTunes in iPhone 3g

I require the firmware update for my iPhone 3g, which generally I avoid because I all the time seem to have a trouble with QuickTime installing correctly. But as a couple up my applications wanted to work, I gave in. While I attempted to run the update via iTunes, it installs the whole thing properly. While I went back into iTunes, I obtained an error saying iTunes necessitates QuickTime to run correctly. So I uninstalled both iTunes and QuickTime. I ran the Apple Update service and it did the similar thing. So I went to the web site and installed them discretely. Now I obtain an error that I don't have the correct file path for the .msi file. I looked on the forum for this clarification and establish that I required the Windows Installer service, Removed QuickTime. I tried to reinstall another time, as I can't get in iTunes, which I truly need. Please someone help me.

Re: Unable to install QuickTime + iTunes in iPhone 3g

That's stranger in terms of cause, but it quite much looks to be linked to registry entries being swollen up in your common user account. In other user accounts, your icons should seem standard. Actually, let's rapidly test to observe how it looks in another user account. Make a novel user account with full administrative privileges. Log out of your normal user account, and log into the novel one. Don't utilize fast user switching to go between accounts. Are the icons appearing or behaving well in the new account? Does QuickTime illustrate as installed or uninstalled in the new user account?

I shaped a fresh account and the whole thing works well there. As for whether QuickTime is installed, while I explore for it in the Start bar, it says there is a file there, but it cannot discover the executable to run anything program there might be in the file. So I guess no, it is not installed. I attempted to run the install on that account, just observing if there was dissimilarity, and I am pleased to report that it crashed accurately where my unique account did. So I at a standstill have to mess with the consent in regedit.

Try the utility. An ordinary trouble while dealing with malware is that it will put several registry keys into your systems registry. The majority of which are extremely tricky to take out. Malware bytes have shaped an application to remove this trouble- RegASSASSIN. RegASSASSIN is a moveable application that crafts tricky to extract registry keys located on your system by malware a fad of the long-ago. The program lets you to eliminate registry keys by resetting the keys permissions and after that removing it. Please utilize with care as erasing serious registry keys may cause system errors.

In reading your initial post you do talk about msi file. Which QuickTime has had troubles with for re-installs. While you are functioning on your PC and installing a latest program, the installation abruptly fails. Now you are left with a fairly installed program. You attempt to setup the program another time, but you are failed. Windows Installer Cleanup service might be able to assist. This utility mentions Windows 7 for Windows Installer Cleanup Utility not certain if it actually does work with Widows 7, but you can test it out, if not. I would attempt to eliminate any old QuickTime msi files on the computer physically. They are located in C:\WINDOWS\Installer which is the path for them in windows XP pro.

This is a rare difference on a trouble involving error messages stating missing .msi files that typically affects 64-bit systems. Even though the first symptom for the majority people is the missing .msi message, if they utilize Cleanup, the original trouble with the registry keys linking to the Side-by-Side configuration of installed component for QuickTime will be revealed. That's what occurred to deprived Felix here.