Thread: Virus alert on VLC media player

Virus alert on VLC media player

I am having Dell vostro laptop and using the same from last few months and the thing here is that I am working on the windows 7 operating system and that too on the Intel dual core processor actually I am suing the VLC media player to play all the media files on my system. Yesterday when I played a video file through the VLC media player then during the start it gave me an virus alert on the same and I really don’t know why that virus alert came and now I am really worried here so please help me out here and let me know what can I do to get rid of the problem.

Re: Virus alert on VLC media player

I think that the system is affected by some kind of viruses and now what you have to do here is that just follow the below mentioned steps:
    • Downloads OTL (from OldTimer) to your desktop.
    • Double-click to launch OTL.
    • On Win7 you must right-click and choose OTL Run as administrator
    • A window appears. In the Output section at the top of this window, check mark Minimal Output.
    • Also tick the boxes next to LOP Purity Check and Check.
    • Finally, click the Run Scan button. The scan will not take much time.
    • Once the scan is complete, two windows will open in Notepad: OTL.txt and Extras.txt. They are in the same place as OTL (so by default on the desktop).

1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.
    2. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation process.
    3. In the Update tab, click the Search button to update: if the firewall requesting permission to MBAM to connect to the Internet, agrees.
    4. Once the update is finished, give yourself in the Search tab.
    5. Select Run a quick scan.
    6. Click Search. The analysis starts.
    7. Click OK to continue. If MBAM found nothing, he will tell you too.
    8. Close your browser.
    9. If malware has been detected, click on Show Results.
    10. Remove the Selected malware

The first thing that I want you to do here is that just see whether a update antivirus is available on your system or not if it is not then what you have to do here is that just try and remove or uninstall the VLC media player from your system and then you have to just install any updated antivirus. After installing any updated antivirus you just need to scan your system. Once the whole system is scanned you have to look out for antivirus attack and if you found nothing then just install the updated version of VLC on your system. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue that you are facing.

Well according to me what you have to do here is that just Branch your external data sources to your PC (USB, external hard drive, SD card, etc without opening them.Double-click on your desktop UsbFix this to launch. Choose Option 2 (Delete). Your desktop will go and restart the PC. Upon restart, UsbFix scan your PC, let the tool work. Then post the report UsbFix.txt will appear with the Bureau. I hope that this will allow you to get rid of the problem that you are facing on your system.