Thread: VLC Player Firefox plug-in without control

VLC Player Firefox plug-in without control

I am looking now for weeks, a solution to my problem, can find but nothing that helps. I have always looked divx videos in Firefox with the DivX web player. Unfortunately this makes but in recent versions of FF always problems and can crash the FF. So I looked for an alternative and the VLC Player (Version 1.1.7) with the FF plugin installed. The video plays the grumble from without, unfortunately without any controls. Well I have seen that there is no button Play / Pause", etc and I am also unable to activate the same by double clicking on the same. Right click on the video does not help. I have at the present totally reinstalled Windows and installed the codec pack from Shark. But nothing is going my way so please help me out here.

Re: VLC Player Firefox plug-in without control

The problem was due to an incorrect setting in the in Firefox. Due to a recent update made QuickTime player it gave me the m3u file type and other types of files by mistake the VLC QuickTime Plug-in assigned in for Firefox. Under Tools settings and applications, I could change these settings in Firefox and now it opens Browser me m3u stream in Firefox with the VLC player. I hope this will help you to get rid of the problem.

If you will ask me then I think the problem that you are getting is due to the version of the VLC that you are playing and now to solve the same what you have to do here is that just uninstall the VLC media player and then install the updated version of the same but during installing the updated version you have to keep one thing in mind that is nothing but the tick the boxes and direct plug-in installation.

To install the VLC plug-in on windows what you have to do is just follow the below mentioned steps:
    • First of all download the latest version if the VLC media player
    • Make sure it is the compatible one to your system
    • After downloading, run the installation program (if not started automatically), where you have downloaded.
    • And one Very important thing here is that tick Mozilla / Firefox plugin and ActiveX plug-in
    • At the end of the installation to complete setup and use all open Web browser, the plugin take effect the next time.
    • I am sure that now you will be able to solve the issue.

Well recently I have switched to Mac and am still running after the adjustment period more satisfied with OS X. A question now arises: I would like the Firefox, VLC Player calls when I click on a web page audio file that is the MP3, Wav, etc. Obviously, I have downloaded the VLC player and Firefox configured accordingly, so that the VLC should be. Unfortunately, it does not work. If an audio file is clicked, it is always called the Quick Time Player. Please help me in this one

I think the plugins are missing and now what you have to do here is that just follow the steps:
    • 1st Important thing: On the Mac, install the complete software (player) will not install the VLC plugin .To listen to a radio or a video in the browser (Safari, Firefox), you must PLUGIN and not the software
    • 2nd Important thing: Version of the plugin is up to now is still 1.0.5, so that the Software (Player) VLC 1.1.7
    • 3rd Very Important thing: To install the plugin, you must complete the browser installation to finish before. Then restart your Macintosh before the browser starts up again otherwise it will not work.