Thread: Android version of the VLC media player

Android version of the VLC media player

Hey as all you know that there will be an android version of the VLC media player and it will be soon on the mobile phone of ours. Now the thing here is that I want know some more information regarding. I mean have anyone experienced it with their android phone if yes then how is its working. I am sure that there must be some fine replies in this context because it is the most awaited software for the phone. So please share your ideas regarding the same.

Re: Android version of the VLC media player

Well according to me all the other things that a first beta can be expected within two months. Still difficulties delay in programming the work. The VLC player is written partly in C and C + +, this must now get everything a Java framework. After all efforts confirmed that the VLC player with all versions of Android version 1.5 is compatible. I suspect however that is likely to be weak for a proper decoding of older devices still run at 1.5 the hardware.

VLC player is extremely popular on desktop systems, excited by, the guys from work Videolan currently out for mobile systems compatible to make the Media Player. A first step in this mobile compatibility was the iPad version of the VLC player, it also allows for DivX movies to play on the Apple iPad. Now let, the VLC Player for Android smartphones and tablets appear noisy. I hope that you might getting my point.

When programming for the Android version of the VLC media player do before all the specific "C-library " a few difficulties and the fact that the VLC Player for Android basically in Java must be programmed for a rapid completion be counterproductive. The Bionic Library is a specially developed by Google C library, but not 100% with the VLC features of the libc library is compatible. Therefore, according to the developers, one had a few work around "apply" to the VLC at the Android OS to ensure functionality.

You certainly know VLC Media Player, a media player on computer and some existing mobile platforms. All though it still lacks the appeal on Android, the project is well underway. The application is not yet available, but developers are very optimistic about the future of their solution. The audio module is developed based on the Open SLES, but the problem is that the latter is only available on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). Therefore, the decision to write a new audio module was undertaken in order to do work on any terminal, and this regardless whether his version. Alas, the development of this module is still in its infancy, and thus show a video earlier today would be useless

Well if you will ask me then the application is divided into two branches, one running on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), and one that can run on all versions of Android. However, the version that runs on all versions see less efficient than that used on the 2.3. For information, the video module is developed on an OpenGL surface. The screenshot below advance the proper functioning of the application. The trailer is used by some users with AVC1 H264 codecs and MPEG AAC on a Nexus One. Now, VLC is committed to optimize its video module to improve the ergonomics and especially to make the rotation of the screen. Because yes, run a video in landscape mode requires more performance in portrait mode. Therefore, handling and performance will be improved.