Thread: Can't register QuickTime Pro

Can't register QuickTime Pro

I am trying to install the QuickTime pro on my system but somehow it is not allowing doing so I mean there are some registration issues. Well I bought two registry keys to enable this feature in QuickTime pro but neither works .As I have Tiger OS 10.4.1 and QuickTime 7.0.1 do not understand what is wrong: I type the key in the space of registering QuickTime but me as a result of invalid records I do not know what to do should I contact Apple? Or us there is any solution for the same please help me out of this one as soon as possible.

Re: Can't register QuickTime Pro

Well I have analyzed the problem and it seems to me that I can help you out in the same. So now what I guess is wrong here is the registration name that you are using. So do one thing first check out the whether the registration name that you are using is the appropriate one or not and if it is not then make sure that you are using the proper one. I am sure that once the registration is accepted then the key is the same which you are using because it is the common four all the authorized versions of QuickTime pro.

I want you to just follow few steps which are mentioned below and see whether they are helpful to you or not.
    • From the Apple menu choose System Preferences.
    • Choose View> QuickTime. You can also choose the QuickTime icon in Internet & Network.
    • The Save tab in the QuickTime pane is displayed by default. You can enter the name and registration code as they appear in the message confirming your upgrade to QuickTime Pro.
    • In some older versions of Mac OS X, an Edit button registration or registration may appear in the Plug-in tab of the QuickTime pane of System Preferences. Click this button to display a dialog where you can enter your registration information.

Well according to me for the name, do not enter a nickname or abbreviated name, but the exact name as it appears in the message confirming your upgrade to QuickTime Pro. The QuickTime Pro registration code consists of five sets of characters separated by dashes. You must include the hyphens when entering the registration code for QuickTime Pro. If the name or registration code is not entered correctly, the alert message "Invalid Registration" appears as registration code.

First of all Log on as administrator and then see whether the following steps help you out here or not:
    1. Select View> QuickTime. You can also select the QuickTime symbol in Internet & Network.
    2. Choose the user account in that you have to be a administrator and enter a registration key QuickTime Pro.
    3. Click Actions permitted (or limitations on Mac OS X 10.3).
    4. Make sure the option "Open all System Preferences" is checked. Click OK (Mac OS X 10.2 only). This option is checked by default when creating non-administrator accounts.
    5. Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each non-administrator account.
    6. Log on as a user account than the administrator. Save QuickTime Pro as described above. Repeat for each non-administrator account.
    7. If you want, log on as administrator and uncheck "Open all System Preferences" for all non-administrator accounts.

I was also facing the similar kind of issues few days before where I was also not able to register the QuickTime on my system. And I am sure that you are also going through the same phase. Now what I want you to do here is that contact the apple support nearby you and then have to complaint over there and let them know the problem faced by you in detail. I hope that they will consider your issue and also will help you to solve the problem because I did the same thing and it worked for me.