Thread: SilverLight 4 tools unable to support Visual Studio 2010 SP1

SilverLight 4 tools unable to support Visual Studio 2010 SP1

Hello everyone, I have a little problem using some applications. I think it will be going to solve over here. That is the reason why I am writing post over here. Actually my problem is, I have done a clean installation Visual Studio 2010 in English language, restarted system, and then installed SP1 within it. after that I download SilverLight 4 tools, installed it, and then reboot the PC again, but Visual Studio is not recognizing SilverLight. All the installation language is English then too it is not working, can anyone help please? Every single help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!!! In addition I am using Windows 7 ultimate with SP1

Re: SilverLight 4 tools unable to support Visual Studio 2010 SP1

Hello, looking at your case, I don’t think it is the language issue, if you strongly feel that then check the default language and change as per your need. But as per my knowledge and experience with Windows 7 ultimate, I can tell you that SP1 of Visual Studio already contains the tools for SilverLight 4, you actually don’t need to do that manually. And I have also read on news column of Windows that Microsoft SilverLight 4 tools for visual Studio 2010 is already being installed on Visual studio 2010 SP1. So again uninstall whole the things and only install Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and then install SilverLight 4, your problem will fix automatically.

Hello friend, I am also having the same problem in PC, even I have tried with the proper way of installation but then too it is not working for me, I am not having the issue regarding language, but iam getting message like it is askin me to download SilverLight 4 tools when I am trying to create SilverLight project in Visual Studio Web developer. I have tried many time but it is not working and Visual studio is not able to do anything regarding it. I tried different ways but my problem is not fixing anymore. So friends be aware of these things. Do reply if anyone have some solution

Hey everyone, yes it is possible to fix problem as mentioned in above post. Sometime it gets very difficult to solve these kind of silly mistake, though you do many reboot and installation again and again. I have one method just see to it that it is working for you or not. According to me it must have work for you, if you have installed Visual Studio then uninstall from everywhere, from C:/, then from registry also and then reboot the PC. After that again Install Visual Studio 2010, then install SilverLight 4 tools, the install WP7 tools, then SP1 if you are XP user if you have Windows7 then no need to install this. And then reboot the PC and check whether it is working for you or not. All the best!