Thread: Unable to find VLC plugin

Unable to find VLC plugin

Well I have currently installed VLC 1.1.3 on the computer of mine. I am looking to connect with the Virtual Course but when I am make an attempt to login on the personal account it results into an error message which is stating that the plugin is not found. I am totally clue less and I am not having idea how can I solve this particular problem? Let me know if you are any suggestion to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Unable to find VLC plugin

I don’t why this particular problem happening on the computer. Can you tell me which operating system do you have installed on the computer? also tell me about the version of the same. You told me that you are getting an error message on the screen. So let me know about the entire error message which you are getting on the screen. You should answer the above mentioned question as early as possible so that I can let you know about the further steps to troubleshoot.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided I am suggesting that you should move to the following location on the computer and see whether plugins are installed or not.
    - /Library/Internet Plug-Ins
    - ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins
    Just move to the above mentioned location and let me know about the same.

If you are looking to install VLC browser plugin is to be considered as separate download. You can get the same from the official website of the developer. I let you know that the installing the browser plugin on the user folder is not having any support because there should be some libraries on the system if that libraries are not available then it will not work at all. So first of all you should install the libraries on the computer.

Currently I am using VLC plugin 1.1.3 which is opening new windows for the video when you are using Safari on the computer of yours. also I have found that the VLC plugin 1.0.5 is working fine completely. So if you are using Safari then I recommend that you should go for VLC plugin 1.1.3 and I am sure that it will help you. Let me know whether the thing which I mentioned over here is useful or not.

I am suspecting that the thing which you are facing is happening due to the improper installation of the plugin on the computer. Well according to me you should reinstall the plugin on the VLC and see whether it is working or not. in case it is not working then you need to file a bug report to the developer for this particular matter. Well the developer would fix the bug and release the patch for the same.