Thread: VLC freezes while using Open file Dialog

VLC freezes while using Open file Dialog

as the title suggest what I am going to ask over here. Well currently I have installed VLC 1.1.5 on the computer of mine. Each and every time I make an attempt to upgrade the KDE higher than that of version 4.5 the VLC player is seems to be hang when I click on the Open File menu. Rest of the functions of the players is seems to be working fine. Let me know if you are having any idea to solve the matter of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: VLC freezes while using Open file Dialog

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I want to ask some basic questions to you so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Let me know about the all the information regarding the hardware as well as software configuration of the computer? Do you getting any error message on the screen? If your answer is yes then you should post the same over here.

In this particular problem I am having the best work around which you can use to fix the problem of yours. I am suggesting that you should launch the VLC playlist on the computer and simply drag and drop the files from the folder on the playlist windows. I have used the above mentioned thing and I have found that the thing is working properly. So try the above mentioned thing and tell me whether it is working or not.

I am having a specific solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours. the solution can be stated as follow.
    1. You should go to the System Settings and double click on the Application and Appearance.
    2. Now click on the Configure button and click on the Application which is available on the left panel. You should add the VLC to the Use Qt file dialog. In case it is empty then you should simply enter VLC and click on the Ok button and Apply.

If you are really wanted to use VLC media player then you need to use the following instruction to solve the matter of yours.
    1. You need to launch the VLC if it is already closed.
    2. Now you should click on the View and go for Playlist.
    3. You need to right click on the Playlist and select Add file from the right click menu
    I am hoping that the thing which I have provided would be helpful to you.

Looking at the matter which you have provided over here I am suspecting that this particular problem is occurring due to bug in the QT4 plugins installed by the KDE. Well according to me you should file a bug report for the same. You should provide all the information regarding the system configuration and problem which you are getting with VLC. I am hoping that the KDE people will help you out from this situation.