Thread: Is it possible to play mpeg4 movies in QuickTime?

Is it possible to play mpeg4 movies in QuickTime?

Hello everyone I have to install two video formats MPEG-4 with iMovie 7.1.4 but the program does not import them to me. Besides the same two videos are not read by Quicktime, because "In the film I found a" sample description "invalid." VLC and there is no audio. I tried to turn them into. Avi divx dr, just to see what was happening, and encodes them only me without audio. So the end result was not good here I and I really don’t know what I can do to get rid of this issue and how I can make the Mpeg4 video files to play on my system.

re: Is it possible to play mpeg4 movies in QuickTime?

The easiest solution for me is to install QuickTime player and do the upgrade to QuickTime Pro. Without this functionality of the PRO will be active players in the apple. Open the video in QuickTime MP4 save as: Movie to QuickTime Movie. In seconds, the output will be a QuickTime file. MOV, imported into Adobe Premiere. If it still does not work, anything can be unfortunately we can use QuickTime to convert the original file in a file. Uncompressed AVI DV a video that Premiere cannot refuse.

Well it seems to me that these formats are not supported on your system and that is the reason why you are getting the errors but I want to let you know one thing that when I tried to play the MP4 file on my system then I found no issues. So what I want you to do here is that just check whether the file that you have on your system is the proper one or not because sometimes the file consists the issues and we are forced to think about the player and the system

Well if you will ask me then I have a definite solution for the same. So now what you have to do here is that just follow the bellow mentioned steps:
    • Go to "Options" menu under "Edit"
    • Under "Receiving Files, click" File Helpers ". This will show you right now a long list of file utilities / plug-ins.
    • Scroll down to MPEG-4 media file (which it could be several).
    • Double-click the appropriate file type and then follow the instructions in the window that appears.
    • Under Options, select "View in Browser" and click "OK", so the changes become active.
    • Do this for all media files.

Please install the latest version of your PC <QuickTime Player> version 6 or higher. Install during the installation process, the QuickTime plug-in for your browser. In general, after installing any trouble playing content to expect from Mpeg4. The Windows Media Player, the mp4 format currently still not play. To delete a Windows Media player so as to expand the capabilities, it is possible to add a file to download, such as the program "mpegable DS decoder”. This allows only the reputation of mp4 videos in Media Player, but not directly in the browser. The Additional Program Apply to us not to, Since Mpeg4 an open format, there are a number of vendors that provide mp4 player, more or less functional.

Re: Is it possible to play mpeg4 movies in QuickTime?

I was also facing the similar kind of issues were I was unable to get any response from this player when I use to play the MP4 files and sometimes the audio use to play and now video on the screen. And I am sure that you are also going through the same issue here. So now what I want you to do here is that just follow the bellow mentioned steps.
    • Mac: In the Control Panel, Windows: in System Preferences
    • Select the browser plug-in from
    • Click the MIME Type button
    • Select ". Mov video / quicktime" from
    • Click OK