Thread: Getting Silverlight error 8007 with Netflix

Getting Silverlight error 8007 with Netflix

For two weeks I'm struggling with Silverlight. Installed and removed about 10 times, and tried all the recommendations of the Netflix service customers, such as safety shutdown, antivirus, etc, tried another account on my computer - no help. Each time you click "Play" for instant Netflix film I notice a black screen. Program needs me to right click on the window, "allowing storage application." However, I already have enabled. No help at all. Even installed Firefox to test it there - same effect. Error Code 8007. When I searched on Google this problem, we only mention Mac users something similar, but none of his recipes work for me. Netflix customer service had no idea and finally gave up saying to call Microsoft. Seems I'm the only PC user with a problem.

Re: Getting Silverlight error 8007 with Netflix

My PC is running Vista 64-bit and obtains the similar 8007 error both in internet explorer and Firefox. Reinstalled many times, added Netflix to trusted sites, facilitate application storage is checked; at a standstill receive the error. By means of the test site supplied from Netflix all of the movies do come about and play. Further sites with Silverlight movies play well too. The Netflix URL does not appear to get affixed to the Application Storage setting. Netflix declares it's a Microsoft problem.

Here I wish to add something in this case. I have the same problem and I have Lenovo PC ThinkPad R51 with Windows XP and experiments of Silverlight illustrate that the installation itself was successful. I watch any video by means of Silverlight other than through Netflix. As well I have all types of video players and not at all had any troubles with video streaming, apart from this time with Silverlight 2.0 and Netflix

In Silverlight, there is no straight access to the operating system's file system, apart from through the Open File dialog box. Though, you can utilize isolated storage to store data close by on the user's PC. There are 2 ways to utilize isolated storage. The first method is to save or recover data as key/value pairs by utilizing the IsolatedStorageSettings class. The next way is to save or recover files by utilizing the IsolatedStorageFile class. This Quick Start shows both storage methods.

I got no help from Netflix, who referred me to Microsoft, and there is no assist from Microsoft either in fact. In the end I ended up stopping my account. I attempted the whole thing, and lastly just gave up. I just didn’t see any point in paying Netflix for a bit that didn’t work and didn’t present any customer service for my trouble. I was lastly able to get Silverlight to work in the Firefox browser. I spent quite a lot of weeks in email correspondence with Microsoft on how to obtain Silverlight to exertion in Internet Explorer (they give free prop up for Silverlight), but we not at all establish anything to make it work.

If you are receiving this "8007" error in Silverlight 4 and not in Silverlight 3, the probable culprit is that you are running in a few sort of personal browsing modes - Silverlight 4 does not let access to the remote storage mechanism while running in personal browsing mode, which was a modification that was made to obey with privacy guidelines. Netflix has prepared a change to their site that should spot this and give a more obliging error message. If you locate that Netflix works for you with Silverlight 3 but not Silverlight 4, and you have lined out running in private browsing form.