Thread: VLC Media player 1.1.5 is not working in Windows Xp SP3

VLC Media player 1.1.5 is not working in Windows Xp SP3

Hi I was using Windows xp servicer pack2 in my computer but I have upgraded it to service pack3 before some weeks. From the day it was upgrade whenever I try to play DVD or any thing it gives me a error. I have tried same thing in my friends computer who is also using service pack3 and he is also having same problem. In error I get one message saying that it is not able to open the file and then there is a path will be given of that DVD. I don’t know what the problem is occurring is their any chances of version incompatibility or anything else please reply me if anyone knows how to fix this problem.

Re: VLC Media player 1.1.5 is not working in Windows Xp SP3

I read your problem and I have tried same thing in my computer I am also using windows Xp service pack3. I just insert dvd and tried to play it form VLC player at that time I also get same error but then I tried something different I opened my computer and form their I opened the DVD and form that DVD folder I opened the file which I want by using open with option at that time I dint get any error try to use some other DVD which do not have auto run option because the DVDs which is having auto run option they me gives error sometimes. So try this solution I hope it will be helpful to you.

I am having a problem when i play any type of cds or DVDs in VLC Media Player. Even I have tried to do it with two different machines both having updated Microsoft Windows XP, there was open laptop and other was desktop and I was facing same difficulties. Whenever I tried to open from the drive and select the Play in VLC at same time it gets crashed and when I try to open VLC first, and then use the Open Disc option then also it is giving me error. I tried audio cds and also DVDs but it doesn’t play anything. I think it is because Microsoft updates there is something in an update which is interfering with playing discs because with Windows Media Player same disks are working fine

As you said that you are facing same problem in your laptop and desktop which are updated then I suggest you try to first uninstall the current VLC player which you are using and then restart the computer and install the some other version of VLC player if you face the same problem in other version also there I think there may be something wrong with the windows updates. Because if the after reinstalling the VLC player same problem is coming it means VLC player is all ok.so try this solution hopefully it will be helpful to you

I was analyzing your problem and looking for the some real solution for that because I am also facing same issue with my computer and I get one simple way to fix this problem by deselecting two options form setting and those two option are is automatic upgrade and other is download album information form web. Try to run your cds or dvds by deselecting this two option I think it will work for you and if you get the same problem then let me know I will look for some other solutions.